checking on phone numbers

hey folks, here's a very interesting and informative post from the kc co-ed forum [i am up here this week] that i believe folks down here should know about:
number guru
http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=234188

if you have a phone from one of the mobile ph companies, i suggest either a disposable phone or a google voice ph# for your telephone/text communications w/in this community.
i will be setting up a google ph# soon for all future initial contacts :^(
Thanks for the info. Good info to be aware of.
Do you use your real name for the Google Voice account or does it matter? Obviously you can use your real name, I guess the question is can you use a fake name and get away with it or is there personal info that must be provided that will prevent the use of a hobby name?
Just get a prepaid phone at walmart. You register it under a fake name. Refill your phone with cards at the store, USE CASH, do not use your credit card. Do Not buy miutes online. Again, go to the store and buy phone cards to refill your phone with cash. So tell me, how would that be traceable?
Just get a prepaid phone at walmart. You register it under a fake name. Refill your phone with cards at the store, USE CASH, do not use your credit card. Do Not buy miutes online. Again, go to the store and buy phone cards to refill your phone with cash. So tell me, how would that be traceable? Originally Posted by incognito isis
That is the best way to go. Unfortunately, at some point in the future, that will no longer be an option either. Thank's primarily to the drug dealers of america, various states are rallying to ban unregistered cell phones.
you can make up a name for google voice
i dont recall them asking
i just needed an email & phone number
That is the best way to go. Unfortunately, at some point in the future, that will no longer be an option either. Thank's primarily to the drug dealers of america, various states are rallying to ban unregistered cell phones. Originally Posted by heartsonfire

Yes, you do have to register the phone. I just register it at the library public computers, not my home. (You only need to register your phone once). BUT....you don't need to give your real name or addy, I registered mine under fake name/addy