Austin, Texas sting

I just read a newspaper article about a sting in Austin. The guy calls the number in an "online ad" (BP ?????) and makes arrangements with the girl who answers to meet here at a hotel and discusses a price. He goes to the hotel and meets a girl, confirms the deal, and she arrests him and immediately other cops are present. The online ad is fake, put up by the cops, and the girl on the phone is fake. The guy is arrested and charged with a misdemeanor of solicitation. He is a local well known lawyer. His photo is in the paper, along with his name, the name of his law firm, his wife's name, etc. Big story.
I have not called BP in a long long time - several years. I would not now no matter what. You have no idea who put up that ad or who answers the phone. If cops in Austin think this is a good way to put a chill into things, and it is, cops in other towns will hear about it and want to try it too.
A VP here is a pretty sure thing. Anything else is just too unknown. Think.
  • nice1
  • 07-12-2014, 08:57 AM
they got nothing better to do than bother people practicing the oldest profession in the world
Sir, something you read about happening in Austin does not qualify as an alert.

The alert section is reserved for "Issues which could endanger the safety of a member or members of our community go here. Please reserve this space for legitimate alerts, and not general FYI material."

Moving this thread to coed. Thank you.
Unfortunately this has become quite common in most major cities. This is a very good reason to take your time and do a little research before you take a chance and see someone new. Thinking with your big head first instead of listening to the little one can save you from a world of shit later on.