P411

Since they're based out of Canada will they still be up and running or no?

I heard they will but I need confirmation of someone who knows more on this law if passed?

I googled it but I can't find anything...
Being based outside of the US is no guarantee of safety when if the US government decides to come after you - it's just more protected than if the site was based within the US.

FOSTA / SESTA are the House and Senate versions of the bill, respectively. Both have passed and are waiting for Trump to sign it into law (which he will almost guaranteed do).
Being based outside of the US is no guarantee of safety when if the US government decides to come after you - it's just more protected than if the site was based within the US.

FOSTA / SESTA are the House and Senate versions of the bill, respectively. Both have passed and are waiting for Trump to sign it into law (which he will almost guaranteed do). Originally Posted by jbravo_123
Oh I know he is going to sign it but just wanted to know more information in regards to that site being based out of Canada.

Thank you
Since P411 is arguably not an ad site but a date screening service, has no explicit sexual solicitation references or XXX imagery, no reviews, either, they might be exempt. They may have to drop the "Available Now" feature and perhaps any mention of rates and menu, however, plus links to sites like ECCIE. The profiles for providers could change a lot.

Biggest problem I see is that before the ink dries on Trumps signature, the government may block adult sites at the host server level with their cooperation, using asset forfeiture as blackmail in some cases, other threats as applicable.

Might be a whole new Hobby world coming. The lawyers are the ones who are going to make a freakin' mint challenging this.
Oh I know he is going to sign it but just wanted to know more information in regards to that site being based out of Canada.

Thank you Originally Posted by Amiliah Rayne
Hi Amilia if a correlation is established it will be subject to further review...no guarantees.
Hi Amilia if a correlation is established it will be subject to further review...no guarantees. Originally Posted by CuSoon
Thanks sweetheart
Us Govt doesnt block sites dear, they seize the domain and arrest owners. It's textbook.

Might be a whole new Hobby world coming.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Not really. Merely a reversion to the "old Hobby world" when people had to be trusted with Real World information and referrals were made in person among those we know.

Unfortunately for them today's immature inhabitants and participants will be culled systematically from the activities.

It's amazing that some folks believe "hobbying" began with the internet.
Us Govt doesnt block sites dear, they seize the domain and arrest owners. It's textbook. Originally Posted by anonsull
Which "textbook" is that?
Not really. Merely a reversion to the "old Hobby world" when people had to be trusted with Real World information and referrals were made in person among those we know.

Unfortunately for them today's immature inhabitants and participants will be culled systematically from the activities.

It's amazing that some folks believe "hobbying" began with the internet. Originally Posted by LexusLover
True. Play for pay began at the dawn of human history, when a cold and hungry cave woman traded her favors for a woolly hide blanket and a mammoth steak.

The more I research SESTA/FOSTA, and the CLOUD Act attached to the recent budget passage (which affects EVERY aspect of online and digital data), the less I like the future of the Hobby. I do not wish to go backward to the "old days." The Internet has been the single most positive change to happen to the "oldest profession" since the condom, IMHO. Safer advertising and screening, alerts, general info exchange beneficial to both sides possible through boards like ECCIE.

Privacy is quickly eroding on the Web and elsewhere. We're looking at a science fiction scenario coming true, where we are ALL monitored and regimented.

Those of you ladies promoting yourselves with Twitter, don't erroneously believe that's a safe haven. Provider accounts will likely be terminated there as time goes on.

If I do have to regress, I'm going all the way. I will likely remove as much of my electronic presence as possible eventually, but right now, like everyone else, I'm dangling.

We're looking at a science fiction scenario coming true, where we are ALL monitored and regimented.

Last I heard the contents of Teresa Brown's (RIP) little black book hadn't been disclosed.

Those of you ladies promoting yourselves with Twitter, don't erroneously believe that's a safe haven. Provider accounts will likely be terminated there as time goes on.

Yes, for the ladies starting out on Twitter, be aware that Twitter has for the past few months been preemptively putting "shadowbans" (where they don't outright delete your account, but prevent you from being found on searches, etc.) on accounts that are too sexually explicit, so make sure to try and keep your posts PG if you can.