To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound’s the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
This always worked for me....

Suppose that a simple random sample of size n is taken from a population. If the population from which the sample is drawn follows a normal distribution, the distribution of

follows Student’s t-distribution with ____n-1_____________ degrees of freedom where x-bar is the sample ___mean_________ and s is the sample _____standard deviation__.

The histogram for t is also symmetric and bell-shaped with the center of the distribution at 0, but the distribution of t has __longer_____________ tails (i.e., t is more dispersed), so it is unlikely that t follows a standard normal distribution. The additional spread in the distribution of t can be attributed to the fact that we use s to find t instead of s. Because the sample standard deviation is itself a random variable (rather than a constant such as s), we have more dispersion in the distribution of t.
Grace - someday we should hunker down together and work out some indefinite integrals
Count sheep. Counting sheep always works and Lord knows there are plenty of sheep to count if you look outside at people wearing masks.
I wear a mask to make others feel comfortable who worry. I’m vaccinated. It’s not about me. Don’t you get it?
  • BLM69
  • 05-13-2021, 10:15 AM
Tough crowd
I wear a mask to make others feel comfortable who worry. I’m vaccinated. It’s not about me. Don’t you get it? Originally Posted by luv2luv
Suppose that a ... standard deviation ... is also symmetric and bell-shaped ..., but ... longer. ... The additional spread ... can be attributed to the fact that ... the sample standard deviation is ... random ... we have more dispersion .... Originally Posted by Grace Preston
reads like some kinky and/or fetishy story to me...

grace, hope you are doing well up in your grace-land.
@naomi maybe if you start visiting Denver again I could help 😁
Nothing better than Jacuzzi bath, I usually wake up after 2 hours and dry off for bed!
Grace, I've got to meet you one day. I think brainy women are by far the sexiest on the planet.