steelers draft picks

holy crap, this is a strange year...not one comment about the steelers draft?

claypool looks like a beast at either wideout or tightend, a much needed addition for big ben

I like the pick of dotson, he seems to have that nasty "try to beat me" attitude

this team is built to give ben the chance for another run at the prize

wheres our steelers guru, Bambino? awaiting his expert analysis
I just dont give a shit
I think Dotson will start. Claypool is a hybrid TE/WR. A red zone target. Hightower will add depth to OLB group. TJ got winded by his all out effort and had to sit some series. Hightower should give Watt and Dupree a rest during the game. The punter will replace Berry. The two guys from Maryland, not sure. The safety will play on special teams if he’s good enough to make the team. McFarland, another small speed guy, who knows. Baltimore had a better draft which puts them further ahead of the Steelers.
Bam... always good to hear your insight

Stig.... good to see you still have it lol. Guess I'll have to post a thread on great scotch or the pirates
I think it was Duck who pushed hard for Claypool.
High hopes for Claypool, kid has good genes.
I think it was Duck who pushed hard for Claypool. Originally Posted by flows-with-water
The mere fact that Duck is still around exposes the state of the Steelers.
I just dont give a shit Originally Posted by Big Stig
Yes that’s about right Stig.........
Bam... always good to hear your insight

Stig.... good to see you still have it lol. Guess I'll have to post a thread on great scotch or the pirates Originally Posted by chizzy
Chizzy, Stig has always had IT.......Hey where is Chesty?
I don't think Duck will be on the Steelers active roster if and when the season starts. You need extra arms in training camp, so no good reason to cut him just yet.

I don't watch a ton of college football, so my only insight on the draft is from film clips. Judging from that, Claypool should be good and I have high hopes for Highsmith and McFarland too.

The Steelers should have the top Defense in the NFL, IMO. They're returning all the starters, plus Tuitt back from injury, and I expect Bush and Edmonds to continue to improve though both played well last year. They've lead the league in sacks the past three years in a row, and their secondary is much improved, including the best free safety in the NFL. Hargrave is a pretty big loss, but Tyson Alu is good as well. My concern there is depth because they like to rotate the big guys.

If Big Ben's arm is good to make all the throws, they have enough weapons on offense to be good enough to compliment the defense, like in Ben's rookie year for example. Plenty of targets to throw to and running back by committee should work if JC can't stay relatively healthy.

Im excited for the season.