Trying to Get an Apartment

You have to have proof of income to get an apartment. Is there any way to get my own place without proof of income?
You would need a co-signer. They would take on financial responsibility though, if you defaulted on the lease. It would have to be someone who really trusted you... Missed u today btw. Hope you feel better. Let me know when if you're available on Mon or Tues. Same time.
no income proof needed or co-signer needed...i know a provider in Dallas that paid a apartment for 9 months but paid all cash upfront ...landlords love it when you pay them in cash ..good luck
i know a provider in Dallas that paid a apartment for 9 months but paid all cash upfront ...landlords love it when you pay them in cash ..good luck Originally Posted by glade55
Apartments I'm in won't take cash, to much liability with that much money coming in just a couple of days. They really don't even want to take a check but they will. They want everybody to pay online.
Just come live with me.
Happy to provide you with an income verification letter from my company. Text me on 832-463-0323
Hi I'm San Diego
I was try go to Dallas but plans fail
I'm look to get someone to share apartment if works
I'm in San Diego Carlsbad ca

619-752-4715 Text Please
Rent a condo, small house or duplex from a private owner. Rarely is proof of income necessary. Pay a month or two up front as a security deposit. Then pay monthly.
In Texas apartment locators will make pay stubs and pretend to be your employer, answering the employment verification.
You could just tell them your a stripper and they won't ask for proof of income cause strippers don't get checks
You could just tell them your a stripper and they won't ask for proof of income cause strippers don't get checks Originally Posted by butterflybaby
Exactly, I see no reason why that wouldn't work. Plus everyone loves stripper's.I know I do.
I'm having the same problem... I hope things work out for you!
Your problem is that you can't provide pay stubs. You can still provide proof of income without them.

Best and first thing I would suggest is using last years income tax return. That will show proof of income without getting into the details.
This would be strengthened if you have a previous landlord that you can have vouch for you as a good tenant.

Other documentation would also be helpful. Bank statements, etc.

A second idea is that is often used by self-employed people is produce profit/loss statements for a quarter or for a few months. This may be difficult to produce, but examples are on the internet and Excl can easily produce them when needed.
When combined with bank statement supporting expenses or deposits, that should suffice.

The final way I can think of, which I wouldn't suggest unless the above is not possible, is to keep a log of tips. The IRS allows people who earn mostly tips to keep a record book of tips received. If it satisfies the IRS, it should satisfy any apartment landlord.
The big drawback is that they want to see receipts so that can get tricky. So I would suggest one of the above methods.