Best hotel to shoot a sextape in Houston?

My friend and I want to make a sextape for fun. She's not a provider, just a friend from college. I want to do it a hotel instead of at my house, just so it looks a little nicer and cleaner. Was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for where you think the best place to do it would be?

I ask because I know a lot of hotels either have ugly decor, or the lighting sucks (I'm not a photographer so I don't have any professional lighting, so I'm planning to rely on natural lighting from the windows and/or good lighting fixtures around the room).

Another thing is that a lot of hotels have the bed crammed in a little area and there isn't enough space next to it to set up a camera. I would like to have one at the side of the bed, and another at the foot of it, both of which I'm estimating would probably want to be about 4-5 ft away from the bed so they can get everything in the shot).

If anyone has a suggestion for a good hotel to use, or any suggestions regarding lighting, etc let me know. and I'll send it to you afterwards (if she lets me, lol). Thanks!
Zaza is a nice hotel, had a friend do a playboy photo shoot there a few years back.
You could try Palace Inn and try filming it as a ten minute short. LOL.
Zaza is a nice hotel, had a friend do a playboy photo shoot there a few years back. Originally Posted by jojodancer15
Do you happen to know what the room type was? It looks like they have a lot of different options, some of the cheaper ones might have less space.
I was at the Crowne Plaza years ago for a GF's birthday and was surprised at how spacious the room was. Most of the weekend was spent on bed so didn't notice the lighting. Large tub too.

Westin oaks might be good. A room on the south side would have a lot of natural light.
Tropical Hotel.
Do you happen to know what the room type was? It looks like they have a lot of different options, some of the cheaper ones might have less space. Originally Posted by jthawne
it was one of the suites, the photographer knew one of the managers at the hotel. Normal rate was $5k/night.
Last time I visited The Westin Galleria Houston, it had gorgeous view, so that could be a great place to shoot video
Ask for a "handicap accessable" room. for the same price, it should be a bit larger in every dimension. This will give you more space to shoot in and avoid that distorted perspective of a wide angle shot close-up (big ass-small head long nose-small ears etc depending on whats closest to the lens).
  • N.M.
  • 10-11-2015, 01:56 PM
There's a lot of nice and neat hotels in Houston but for video I like the view/lighting of the Double Tree in Green Way Plaza, is pretty neat and clean as well.
And prices are very reasonable specially on the weekends.

Whatever you pick, I hope you have an awesome time, the whole idea sounds like fun
The Westin in the galleria is nice. Big windows and light neutral colors.

I don't like the Crown Plaza. Needs to be updated, small windows.

Also nice is the Omni Houston off Woodway. I like their rooms as well.
  • N.M.
  • 10-11-2015, 02:10 PM
^^ +1 on crown plaza, nothing special about them lol they get the "job done" and they're convenient to work but not to shoot a video, so many better options...

I like the Omni too, good call.

The St. Regis by Galleria is also very nice, huge rooms and top notch service.
Either of those two Westin's in the Galleria would work. Get a room on the south side. Odds of that are probably higher in "Galleria" than in "Oaks".

Screw on one of those blurring filters to hide all the construction imperfections and pubic hairs balled up near the baseboards.
My friend and I want to make a sextape for fun. She's not a provider, just a friend from college. I want to do it a hotel instead of at my house, just so it looks a little nicer and cleaner. Originally Posted by jthawne
Save the money. Clean your place. Presto!