ISO Christmas Lights!

While I'm visiting, I would love to see some of the best neighborhoods & areas for enjoying Christmas lights. If you could share some suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance &
Happy Horny Holidays!

37th & Lamar, north campus area, has a couple blocks of lights.
http://texaslesstraveled.com/37thstreet.htm

Zilker Park, downtown south of Lady Bird Lake, has the big lit tree, but trail of lights is canceled this year.
37th street used to be truly spectacular, but has cut way, way back.

It's still probably a good display, but nothing like what you've heard about. I haven't actually been down there this year yet.
Well, has anyone seen any good areas of lights this year? I haven't gone out looking and haven't run into any spectacular neighborhoods anywhere when running around doing other things.

Do any of the local towns other than Johnson City have any big displays?
its a lil drive but killeen has blora (belton lake outdoor recreation area) "nature in lights". its like 2.5 miles worth of light displays with a santas workshop set up in the middle with gifts and hot chocolate. it is very very nice. and only $5 a carload. and if you need a chauffuer.....well hehehe. just google "nature in lights"
That sounds awesome, Knotty. I may have to go check that out.

@ Shea I think Johnson City is pretty cool if you don't mind driving an hour or so. They have hey rides and horse carriages as well as the lights. There weren't as many lights as I expected, but no biggie. It's a cute little town with some interesting shops and dining. Overall, I would give it a thumbs up.
37th street used to be truly spectacular, but has cut way, way back.

It's still probably a good display, but nothing like what you've heard about. I haven't actually been down there this year yet. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
I went last Sunday night. The lady with me told me not to bother. I went anyway.

I shouldn't have bothered.
  • Mokoa
  • 12-23-2011, 08:34 PM
The entire San Antonio Riverwalk is all lit up for the holidays. Should not be missed. Really.

The lights will be up through New Year's Day.
One of my fondest memories is spending a Friday evening, after Thanksgiving, watching the river parade on the S.A. river. Santa came and they turned on all the lights. Very special night.
Thanks anyway.

I was in town Dec 13-15th. So the rest of the suggestions are too late & far for me to enjoy at this point. Was hoping for more responses during the time of my visit.