Cubans are ruining the Strip Club scene in DFW

Another look at the dynamics of when Cubans take over a club

Lets look at what happens when one ethnicity takes over a club that was much more diverse in the past.

First, look at DG’s or any club that has always had one customer type in mind as it’s target. DG’s has always been a black club. They own it. They welcome any customer but you know who they are aiming for as soon as you walk in. Mostly black dancers with a few Hispanic and white girls. Music type, etc. But they continue to do well because they stay true to their roots.

Now, look at BDFW, as an example, but it could be a number of clubs. The very long history of the club has been aimed at White, Hispanic, and black customers. A diverse customer base. And the dancers reflected that. Anyone could go in there most days and find someone to his liking. And the Hispanics were either American or spoke fluent english.

Jump forward to 2023-24. BDFW reopens after a very nice remodel. The same diverse customer base return looking for the dancer mix of old. When the club reopened, management said they wanted to maintain a good mix of dancers.

At first, the only issue I had most of the time I went was who would I spend my money on. But as time has passed, Cubans have taken over the club. And the customer base has changed to reflect that. Now, I have two issues when I go in. How to keep the Cubans from bothering me and will there be anyone I want to spend my money on. Most of the old regulars that helped support a broad range of dancers have left. Because of that, when a black or white dancer does get hired, the customers who would support those dancers are few and far between. So they leave quickly. Management keeps hiring more Cubans because they show up, and admittedly, most of them are really hot. A shift can only support so many dancers so there is no room or way too much competition for the typical white or black dancer, no matter how hot she is.

From talking to some managers I have known for a long time, the average tab per customer has decreased. More customers offset that, but now the club is dependent on the Cubans and the customers they bring in.

Because the pimps of the Cubans have the resources to continue to buy their way into the clubs, this is happening to more and more clubs. Even now, if you want a broad choice of white, black, or Hispanic (not Cuban), it hard to find.

While The Lodge and Men’s Club have more diversity, they have issues of their own.

So even if you don’t really care right now about all the Cubans, you should. Before long, there will be two types of clubs to go to. Back or Cuban. And I see no way to stop it.
^^ the rantings of an old white man.

That’s a lot of words to say that the Cubans who dance are hotter and generally more willing to help a guy reach his goals of being at a strip joint with less finesse and more honesty.

Do I miss the old cabaret royale and platinumII days? Yes. But, the reason that Cubans are taking over is that the Cubans are so much more attractive than the white and black women that nobody wants to pay the fatter and uglier women so they quit.
I was at BDD recently and got inundated by Cuban girls. They are very annoying. I too miss the old days.
...didn't read post, only subject line of thread - Yes
I always like to sit and look about and see whom I want to dance for me. The past couple times I've visited a club, the instant I sit down, a cuban girl hops on my lap and starts pushing dances. I politely decline, but give me a moment to unwind! I've had a couple pretty once dance for me too...I just don't like the language barrier really.
I'm an old white man and love me some Cubana babe. The clubs are like everything else going on. Just look at basketball and baseball super stars. Doesn't matter what country you are from it's your skills that matters. Everyone has to compete for everything. Imo Cubans are fun to play with
I get it brother or really....maybe some of us just like to chill...watch a Lil then make a choice but some of the Cuban girls are super pushy and it gets old. To that point....let me sit down and take a couple sips of my drink before ya go and sit on my lap....especially if ya ain't a dimepiece....that is my gripe...and yeah I do like all flavors and visit the clubs across the borders as well so before we bash our fellow hobbyist, sometimes it truly just gets old that the change isn't entirely for the better. But those my 2 bumb cents
I've been exploring all the clubs around Dallas lately and I've found the Cuban take over is only bad at a few clubs. CL and BDD are the only places that its obnoxious. The ratio is pretty normal everywhere else.
Vote with your wallet and try another club.
^^ the rantings of an old white man.

That’s a lot of words to say that the Cubans who dance are hotter and generally more willing to help a guy reach his goals of being at a strip joint with less finesse and more honesty.

Do I miss the old cabaret royale and platinumII days? Yes. But, the reason that Cubans are taking over is that the Cubans are so much more attractive than the white and black women that nobody wants to pay the fatter and uglier women so they quit. Originally Posted by futbolhead
IF the Cubans were being hired because they are better at the job, this might be true. But they are not. They are being hired because their pimps are paying large sums of money to management. They must do just about anything, not because they want to, but because they have to. And it's a very small number of guys controlling them. And because the managers know all this, they also shake down the Cuban dancers for extra money.

Other dancers cannot afford to compete in large numbers. So they leave. A token few stay in the game but most are finding other ways to make money.

So no, it's not an even playing field. The SC industry is basically corrupt. Very few managers look at more than money in their pocket today and no qualms about how to get it. You really think organized crime is not the force behind such a cash heavy industry?
I've been exploring all the clubs around Dallas lately and I've found the Cuban take over is only bad at a few clubs. CL and BDD are the only places that its obnoxious. The ratio is pretty normal everywhere else.
Vote with your wallet and try another club. Originally Posted by Ohthatguy
Such as? I am happy to move around. Open to suggestions, please
BTW, I love Hispanic women. Heck, I have even gotten dances from a few cuban girls, even took one otc. I just like to be able to talk without a translator. I don't want to be pressured or rushed.

But this is not a rant about how Cubans do business. That has been argued plenty in other threads. This is about the impact of a specific ethnic being driven by anti-competitive forces are changing the SC industry in DFW. Hell, I would not be surprised if the organized crime behind the clubs is also driving the import of the dancers. Prostitution and trafficking are not new to them at all.
  • GregN
  • 05-01-2024, 12:09 PM
I miss the variety of women for sure, but there are pushy dancers of all types and ones you just get along great with regardless of ethnicity. I kinda like the language barrier.
Vote with your wallet and try another club. Originally Posted by Ohthatguy
I went to Spearmint Rhino North Dallas once last month and its the most well balanced mixed of all races. Its a different style club for sure tho.

CB,CL,BDD, Tigers(Baby O's) are all 60%+ Cuban easily.
I can't imagine Miami. A WF would be a unicorn there.
The white and black women are still there. Look at bucks wild or men’s club or lodge or ricks. These are more diverse clubs with uglier albeit willing women. They will just charge you twice as much for otc fun…. But, at least they’ll be speaking english