Who's the A-hole

A couple days ago I decided I needed some attention. I have a couple of providers I see. Never knowing who is tied up, I texted a couple of them and asked availability and are any specials on the board. One texted back a 1/2 hour and hour special rate. I texted back that I would get back with her when I knew my schedule. She texted back that that is not how specials work and never to contact her again. If I was wrong, let me know, I don't want to offend anyone.
  • EZ.
  • 10-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Was this a published special? If not, she was giving you a special rate and when you said you needed to check your schedule, she thought you were trying to negotiate even more.
I will take advantage of a special but I never try to negotiate rates.
I see specials advertised for everything from "today only" to "this month". It probably depends on how she read your request. If you gave her the impression that you wanted to meet immediately, or if you requested (or she quoted) a special for an immediate meeting then she probably has a point. If you asked a general question, then I don't get her response. Communication is tricky, especially in short text messages, and may be misunderstood. Reread your messages and see if it's possible she read them differently than you did.
I have seen her several times. She knows my schedule can change in an instant. She had advertised a special rate the week before, so it should not have offended her.
  • EZ.
  • 10-24-2014, 07:53 AM
I have seen her several times. She knows my schedule can change in an instant. She had advertised a special rate the week before, so it should not have offended her. Originally Posted by CHUNKER12
You're assuming a lot. She obviously was offended. These women don't blow off regulars for no reason.
But they can be offended for no reason as we all know and have experienced.
OP, guess you weren't that Special to her...right or wrong, she prolly thought you wanted her right away. Too bad to lose a fav like this...
You were in the wrong mostly...If you were in need of attention, like you stated, meaning you needed to bust one off, then you should have known when and been ready to schedule a hookup, otherwise it just looks like you're just trying to shop for a lower price elsewhere.

Now, she went overboard with her reaction and should have just left it at, "It's a today only special" or something like that and let it be and blew you off as a 'Tire Kicker' and said, "Next".

The moral to the story is don't contact them unless you are ready to book.
To many unknowns. If the original text was I need to bust right now what are you doing, then you are in the wrong.
If the original text was, I want to set something up this week, probably ok.
You were in the wrong mostly...If you were in need of attention, like you stated, meaning you needed to bust one off, then you should have known when and been ready to schedule a hookup, otherwise it just looks like you're just trying to shop for a lower price elsewhere.

Now, she went overboard with her reaction and should have just left it at, "It's a today only special" or something like that and let it be and blew you off as a 'Tire Kicker' and said, "Next".

The moral to the story is don't contact them unless you are ready to book. Originally Posted by ManSlut
+1

There are some providers that would consider what the OP did as time wasting. In his scenario, he came off as a tire-kicker. Call when you're ready to schedule. Although the provider could have used a little more tact.
Chunker, I agree with Manslut and Roger. If you are going to ask a lady for a special then KNOW you are able to schedule. Otherwise she knows you are shopping around and wasting her time.

She may have been curt in her response to you out of frustration.
Could see how she may have taken it as you were playing Priceline for Pussy.

If that was not your intent I'd PM or email her explaining and apologizing. Truly communicating via text sucks.

Good luck.

Sounds like a misunderstanding and an over-reaction on both of your parts. Of course, that's what happens with misunderstandings in general. Vic
I've had to get rid of guys who I felt like was wasting my time before.

These things happen and I agree, don't text asking for about a special unless your serious about booking.

I just had a text me guy asking me what my day looked like only for him to tell me that he has meetings all day. I don't get why guys do that. IF he knew he had meetings, why text at all? LOL
Chunker, I agree with Manslut and Roger. If you are going to ask a lady for a special then KNOW you are able to schedule. Otherwise she knows you are shopping around and wasting her time.

She may have been curt in her response to you out of frustration. Originally Posted by EmilyEzzell

Fuck I'm bummed now. You mean ya'll aren't just sitting around all dressed up with nowhere to go and waiting for us to call and shoot the shit, maybe try to haggle a little, kill some time then say "Nah, just foolin', the dog tried to bite my dick off when I was napping"? Fuck, what next, no Great Pumpkin?