Your favorite austin bars?

I've been banned from the grand, barflys, the aristocrat and *sort of* banned at buddys place. Here's some other places I hang out at and recommend....from north to south....

Texas bar and grill aka t bags.
Parmer lane tavern (great rock music bar)
Nomad lounge (cameron and corona)
Shakespeare on 6th
Jack alopecia on 6th
Dirty dog on 6th
04 lounge on soco
Boomerz on 290 west
Giddy ups and starlight (way south manchanca)

And I'll always miss rack daddy's on riverside! The wells branch one just isn't the same!
I don't go to bars to drink. I go to listen to great music. Threadgill's South. Saxon Pub. Central Market North. ACL. Backstage at El Mercado. One-to-One.
  • quzi
  • 03-29-2017, 08:55 PM
Carousel anyone?
  • Runez
  • 03-29-2017, 09:08 PM
Aquarium and Shakespeare's at 6th Street. Greenlight Social, Concrete Cowboy and The Ranch at West 6th Street.

Punchbowl Social and 77 Rooftop at the Domain.
Egos and Deep Eddies
Why did yew git banned at Buddy's? Did ya make fun o' tha lawn jockey?
How the hell do you get banned from a bar?
Sounds like someone has issues.
Jackie got pissed off at me over unmentionable party supplies at buddys place.

Yeah that lawn jockey is awesome.
Egos and Deep Eddies Originally Posted by Rainier
If you've been to egos or clicks on oltorf in the day time you've probably seen sedric russell. Good guy
Jackie got pissed off at me over unmentionable party supplies at buddys place.

Yeah that lawn jockey is awesome. Originally Posted by Buddys Place
Well, Jackie dun died a few months ago. Yew mite be able ta sneak back in. Tha lawn jockey's still thar.
I don't go to bars to drink. I go to listen to great music. Threadgill's South. Saxon Pub. Central Market North. ACL. Backstage at El Mercado. One-to-One. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
What great music? Spoon maybe? Shearwater? The music scene in Austin sucks. That's why there's never been an artist from Austin that's broken out into major success. For a while I thought Kat Edmundson might have a shot, but her management has her snapping her fingers when she sings and doing all kinds of "weird" things that's left her in the dust.
Well, Jackie dun died a few months ago. Yew mite be able ta sneak back in. Tha lawn jockey's still thar. Originally Posted by David.Douchehurst
How did Jackie die? Aids? One thing I liked about buddys place.....for a dive bar, it had a clean bathroom and soft toilet paper. Do you think it's gonna get sold and turned into a high falutin place for californians?
Don't know we whut killedt him but he'd been a-barebackin' an' creampiein' street hoogars on Georgian an' Powell since tha 1960's, so it's ennybuddy's guess.

Ah doubt it's gonna git sold enny time soon. He died wiffout a will.
I like Spider House. It's big and has many cute little niches, a vegan food truck and two other food trucks have good eats and my bartender isn't stingy. They often have live shows, too.
cboys, Continental club, skylark, white horse, saxon, Sahara lounge, abgbs. all the usual music venues for local bands.