Under a New Law, the Police Can Act as Gun Dealers

New York Times article link

I thought they were destroying these guns? My question also is, now that there is incentive to confiscate and sell, does this mean Texas law enforcement is going to be more voracious at grabbing folks guns? Is that civil forfeiture or something?

Thoughts anyone?
FUCK the NY times and your stupid threads. I'm just glad some Texas counties and police forces have some common sense. We will not get run over like England, Australia and NOlens!

New York Times article link

I thought they were destroying these guns? My question also is, now that there is incentive to confiscate and sell, does this mean Texas law enforcement is going to be more voracious at grabbing folks guns? Is that civil forfeiture or something?

Thoughts anyone? Originally Posted by Stan.Dupp
Follow the money.

Any time the authorities are permitted to make money off a certain type of crime, there suddenly are a LOT more incidents of that crime.

This country is getting twisted by civil forfeiture laws, for-profit prisons, mandatory sentences for drug offenses, and the drug war in general.
So how many legally owned guns are used in a criminal enterprise? Not that many. So it seems like a win-win. Good guns and collectables go to legal gun owners and the police get operating money. Now I notice that not a one yet has said anything about the criminals with guns. You betray your bias by concentrating on the guns and not the criminals.