Traveling to KC...restaurant advice please

I will be in town for three nights. Interested in a good Sushi place near the airport.

Please no DATY jokes...lol

Provider is taken care of...just need restaurant advice.
kc sushi off of 29 & prairie view rd. haven't been there yet but seen some good reviews on them
First, note that this is the middle of steak country and we have no oceans nearby. So, when we hear the phrase: fresh fish, we sadly smile.

For North of River, as we divide things here:
Kato, on Barry Rd, just off Hwy29
KC Sushi, just off 29 & very close to airport, mixed reviews
Moonlight: Opened their 2nd store a few months ago, in the Boardwalk Shops at the SE edge of hwys 29&152. (close to Kato, so I don't understand why they bothered to open there) I've been in their Liberty place a couple times, haven't been to new place.
Zara Sushi on Hwy 45 near Parkville, mixed reviews.

There's more but you said Airport, If you want better/nice, and are planning to dress up for a date, go South of River:
Kobe: In the Power & Light District, parkings not fun though.
Nara: In the Crossroads (Arts) District, nice.
Drunken Fish: Downtown on Main (attorney friends like it, not been there myself)
Last, and very nice, and would have listed 1st except you said airport:
Kona Grill on the Plaza.
There's more, but the drivetime starts adding up.

Yeah, prob TMI, but I like to take dates to places they've never been.
I liked KC Sushi. It isn't a fancy place but the sushi was good and not terribly expensive.

Drunken Fish is rather fancy, but the sushi is very good. It is pretty expensive, for Kansas City anyway. It's location is a plus if you are interested in partying at in the Power&Light district, but is a pain in the ass for a quick sushi meal on a weekend.
In my book, the only authentic Japanese Sushi is Jun's Sushi; located at 7660 State Line Road. You have to enter off State Line and go west to the end of the parking lot.

The fish is the freshest in town. I have been going to Jun's for over 35 years and tried every other Sushi joint in town. Jun's has no competition in KC and are known all over the country as one of the finest in the country, long before Sushi became popular. The guys at the counter are truly trained Sushi Chief's, not cheap imitations like some of the newer restaurant.

I have never had a bad experience; all of the food, on and off of the menu, is the best. I usually go for the sushi bar unless I have a group of people I am hosting. Especially if there is someone who is new to the experience. Let them try some sushi that is cooked, because some times a lost soul can not quite understand how good raw fish can be. So let them order the incredible tempura as an introduction to Japanese food.

You will always find Americans who have lived in Japan at Jun's along with a lot of other Asian people.

The best measure of Authentic Japanese, Chinese, Greek or other good food is who you meet at the restaurant.

For Chinese Food in KC; there are two: Andy's Wok, 14856 Metcalf, Overland Park, KS and The Red Dragon on 8th Street 1/2 block East of Broadway, Downtown Kansas City, MO for a good quick downtown lunch.

JR
For Chinese food, have you been to New Peking in Westport? They have a "Chinese-only" version of the menu with the authentic Chinese food. It's worth a visit.
Thanks to all who have posted. Let me give a bit more info. I am staying in Plaza area. However, so are 20 people I work with...

My companion hits town the evening of night one and I can not go out in Plaza area because all 20 know I have an SO. Thought meeting her out near airport would be a good start and far from the group. Nice dinner, give her key to the room, etc.
Ahhh. The plot thickens. That also puts the Westport area off limits.
The Crossroads and Power & Light districts, and Downtown should be far enough from Plaza though.
Look up the shopping area near airport called "Zona Rosa", west side of hwy 29 at Barry Rd. Couple nice steak / Italian places. Perhaps a smidge of window shopping also.
Lol...very thick plot indeed.