Stupid Virus

Ok so i was on my laptop looking at buying lingerie and some stupid virus pop up claiming to put a stop on my computer in violation of the USA and i had to pay a fee of 300.00 Thu . Someone please tell me how to remove...
Thanks
There are several ones that attempt this. If you can give the site name that wanted the funds, it would help.
Do a system restore back to last week... then get back online and download THIS and do a full scan to clean up any bits left over. Once your clean make sure Microsoft is completely updated via Microsoft updates.
It's called FakeAV or Ransomware ...

1. Try to do what Beezdat said
2. If that doesn't work reformat and reimage
Nobody has asked the obvious, most important question - did you ever get to order the lingerie? If not, you can use my pc to order it as long as you'll model it for me.
System Restore is a fairly drastic step to take.

The easiest answer is that there are several small businesses in Austin who do virus cleanup and computer repair. Call around. I had to look into this a while back when my mother's PC got hit with something nasty. (We wound up being able to clean it up ourselves.) It'll probably cost around $100 and take a day or two.

Bleeping Computer's Virus Removal page has good information for a lot of the common nasties out there.

Depending on what you got hit with, Malwarebytes may be able to handle it on its own, or there may be other things that have to be done first. For a lot of the common ones, removal instructions are easy to find on the Web. I strongly second the other guy's recommendation on it.
Ok, Thank you everyone. I was able to remove virus.
I got that virus the other day asking to pay 300 by moneypack or something like that I had to turn computer off when u reastart it click on the f8 key and go to safemode network then go back and restore, then i clicked on a diff day i was on the internet. This is how i bypassed that.
Ok, Thank you everyone. I was able to remove virus.
Do share.
System Restore is a fairly drastic step to take.

The easiest answer is that there are several small businesses in Austin who do virus cleanup and computer repair. Call around. I had to look into this a while back when my mother's PC got hit with something nasty. (We wound up being able to clean it up ourselves.) It'll probably cost around $100 and take a day or two.

Bleeping Computer's Virus Removal page has good information for a lot of the common nasties out there.

Depending on what you got hit with, Malwarebytes may be able to handle it on its own, or there may be other things that have to be done first. For a lot of the common ones, removal instructions are easy to find on the Web. I strongly second the other guy's recommendation on it. Originally Posted by Sidewinder
Nonsense.. I do SR's all the time.. regedits an things that would make most cringe in fear to my pc's when they get hit.. its how I learn to defeat things