ACL Festival Time Again

Since the event is now less than a week away I was starting to wonder if I'm going to see some friedly faces out in Zilker this weekend. I have a feeling I won't be the only person from here braving the heat, dust, and smoke.

Also. I like to see a variety of different groups when I go to find something new each year. Who do y'all recommend I check out this year?

P.S. If you're heading out there this weekend stay safe and cool. TIP: Ice in your hat helps a lot.
Wife and I will be there on Saturday. Haven't worked out our schedule yet other than Stevie Wonder, Cee Lo, and Allison Krauss. Suggestions appreciated.
Spud all 3 days, bunch of us have a house rented just a mile up the road!!
smith westerns, cold war kids, foster the people, santigold, the walkmen broken social scene, elbow, fleet foxes, coldplay...
No smoking allowed on ACL grounds... That should be an easy one to enforce.
So excited!! I will be walking my music loving butt over all three days. I highly recommend checking out some of the aftershows: Empire of the Sun is an absolute MUST! Happy music going
I will be out there for all 3 days. Since I don't know many of the groups I'll just wander around until something catches my ear. The past times I've done this I always find something new I like.

Normally my wife would be going with me (we like to find singles and couples open minded enough to play with us). However due to her job taking her out of town, I'm flying solo this year. I'll still be on the look out for ladies to play with (we only play with couples when together), just can't bring them back to the house. No big deal there, out-of-towners usually have a hotel that needs to be used for more than just sleeping.

Good call on the house, I want to do that one year. (I just can't justify the cost since I live here.) I think it would make life easier around the fest plus having food and drink readily available is never a bad thing.

Klovve since I don't go to the aftershows if I'm lucky enough to run into you out there the first beverage is on me.
This festival of "Y'all's" sounds stonking aces! Hoping to get a bit squiffy for 3 days and meet a few slappers!

http://video.pbs.org/video/1350236975 My favorite is chap 10.
No smoking allowed on ACL grounds... That should be an easy one to enforce. Originally Posted by Frenchy29-2000
Whoever is smoking there at ACL, should have their pack of cigs stuffed up their ass....

sixx
Among the lesser known acts, Santigold and Gary Clarke Jr will rock your socks.
  • S O B
  • 09-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Whoever is smoking there at ACL, should have their pack of cigs stuffed up their ass....

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach
Waaagh, smokers suck butts, waagh. Butts DID NOT start even 2% of the fires in Texas!!! Responsible smokers extinguish their butts! Trampling all the grass will be a problem.
OOOOhhhh you meant cigarettes!!! Trust me, there WILL be smoking at ACL.. This is Austin!!!!
OH YEAH.. love acl cannot wait
Oh joy tourists riding around with the left blinker on and no intention of turning left... I'll be sitting in the A/C with my feet up. And sixx I think the smoking ban is more for the left handed cigarettes, they did the same thing for Eeyore's this year.