Staying downtown, decent parking???

I'll be downtown for a few days and I know that no matter where you go you have to pay for parking, but where is the best area? Parking garage or I think there are large lots by the riverwalk?? Is my car safer if I just valet Park?
Thanks in advance y'all!
The big outdoor lot is Jax Brewery. I've used them for years with no problem. Garages are hit and miss. I've separately had a gun stolen from a glove box and even a 110 pound bass speaker cabinet stolen from a locked vehicle over the years. I believe garage attendants work in conspiracy with local thieves. Jax is easy in and out. Garages can be next to impossible to exit on a Sat night, as I experienced last Sat night after a gig on Bourbon. My garage was on Ibberville off Bourbon. If you try Marriott or the Westin off Canal I think you'll do fine if you want a garage. Harrah's Valet service is good too.
That was my main concern about the garages was that they are so closed in vs being in an open lot.

*Mods please move this to coed as I posted here accidentally *
The big outdoor lot is Jax Brewery. I've used them for years with no problem. Originally Posted by joethick
Also, there's a large lot behind Canal Place that butts up to the Jax Brewery lot. I think you'd be OK in either lot.
I think I'm just going to valet Park, it seems the easiest lol
Valet parking is good......but another opton for free parking.....s gong to harrahs a few hours. They sometimes offer free parkng for a ceertan amount of tme on the floor.

Me myself though I use the valet parking areas. Hotels that have the easiest parking usually win. Generally if I'm doing an outcall and the lady is popular facially and locally I pick a hotel and garage that's more discreet and busy.valet can be conveint....but you will also have people involved in your business since they will need to know whch room your parking for..
I'll be at Harrahs and they told me this morning they are including valet for me :-)
I park in the garden district by where I used to live and catch the bus or streetcar to quarter & downtown areas....But I go check on it every day.

good luck babe!!