What does "Woke" mean to you?

After watching ad nauseam the news cycles, and the constant reference to woke either Media or people, just wondering what that word means to you?

If you listen to Fox News it seems to be a slander for anybody who has a non-republican perspective, or who would Buck the current system and acceptance of inequalities wherever they may be.

Almost a synonym for "radical lefties", where specifically I think it refers to folks that have embraced the mindset that the status quo, is not the path they want in either politics or business.

No more trickle down theory.
No more corporate free ride from taxes.
More protections for racial inclusion and LGBTQ rights.
Environmental concerns
Healthcare protection
Medicaid protection

That's my viewpoint but what do you think?
Woke = left wing bullshit

Mainly things like:

* Pushing Critical race theory in schools
* Unable to define a woman
* Thinking men can get pregnant
* Allowing men to compete against women in sports
* Cashless bail to put criminals back on the street
* Defunding the police

Has zero to do with taxes, economics, etc. It is the bullshit "social justice" the left pushes
After watching ad nauseam the news cycles, and the constant reference to woke either Media or people, just wondering what that word means to you?

If you listen to Fox News it seems to be a slander for anybody who has a non-republican perspective, or who would Buck the current system and acceptance of inequalities wherever they may be.

Almost a synonym for "radical lefties", where specifically I think it refers to folks that have embraced the mindset that the status quo, is not the path they want in either politics or business.

No more trickle down theory.
No more corporate free ride from taxes.
More protections for racial inclusion and LGBTQ rights.
Environmental concerns
Healthcare protection
Medicaid protection

That's my viewpoint but what do you think? Originally Posted by eyecu2
Hate your second item. You insist on taxing corporate America then they become corporate Mexico, taking jobs with them.
Hate your second item. You insist on taxing corporate America then they become corporate Mexico, taking jobs with them. Originally Posted by Charley3
Corporate taxes should be in place. Why should they be exempt from taxes? We all pay to use infrastructure like roads and public water, sewage and engineering projects. I think a min Tax should be in place since anyone could decide to become a corporation and become exempt if that was the case. From zero employees to a million. There is no reason to exempt corporate taxes based by title. Especially those who already have questionable loopholes such as those who use rental properties as income and offset any rental income loss which can be highly speculative: Exactly the reason for min Tax for them.
Woke = left wing bullshit

Mainly things like:

* Defunding the police

Has zero to do with taxes, economics, etc. It is the bullshit "social justice" the left pushes Originally Posted by berryberry

Okay so we got:
  • A straight up bogeyman created by right wing activist Christopher Rufo
    • "We have successfully frozen their brand—"critical race theory"—into the public conversation and are steadily driving up negative perceptions. We will eventually turn it toxic, as we put all of the various cultural insanities under that brand category." - Christopher Rufo
  • Trans stuff x3
  • Not having the assumption of guilt for anyone who is awaiting trial in a jail
  • Something that's never going to happen, and the majority of left leaning politicians in this country would never do
    • "The answer is 'Fund the police'" - Joe Biden
Why do I got a feeling that it's really the trans stuff?

For me, I'd say "wokeness" would probably be defined in the same way that actual Critical Race Theory is studied by legal scholars. It's viewing the country and law through the lens that systems in this country were built during times of slavery as well as times where specific groups didn't have basic civil rights, and the effects of those systems are still felt today.
Corporate taxes should be in place. Why should they be exempt from taxes? We all pay to use infrastructure like roads and public water, sewage and engineering projects. I think a min Tax should be in place since anyone could decide to become a corporation and become exempt if that was the case. From zero employees to a million. There is no reason to exempt corporate taxes based by title. Especially those who already have questionable loopholes such as those who use rental properties as income and offset any rental income loss which can be highly speculative: Exactly the reason for min Tax for them. Originally Posted by eyecu2
I WANT corporations to be successful. Especially large corporations. They push the stock market, feed smaller business and they employ thousands and thousands of people that pay taxes. You either collect more from the company or have far less employees who will pay taxes.
Okay so we got:
    • "We have successfully frozen their brand—"critical race theory"—into the public conversation and are steadily driving up negative perceptions. We will eventually turn it toxic, as we put all of the various cultural insanities under that brand category." - Christopher Rufo
  • Trans stuff x3
  • Something that's never going to happen, and the majority of left leaning politicians in this country would never do

For me, I'd say "wokeness" would probably be defined in the same way that actual Critical Race Theory is studied by legal scholars. It's viewing the country and law through the lens that systems in this country were built during times of slavery as well as times where specific groups didn't have basic civil rights, and the effects of those systems are still felt today. Originally Posted by anmar85
those systems are still felt today...... bullshit x1000
Hey, I'm just defining the word. I don't really care if you agree with it. Like the title of the thread isn't whether or not you like it. The fact that you seem to have a clear picture in your head about the systems and the people that feel the effects of them speaks pretty loudly though. I purposefully left that pretty open ended because I think "wokeness" is supposed to cover more than just one group of people.
Is the opposite of woke - asleep?
Seems some feel its ideology vs laws or actions here. Relating to ideas why can't there be discussion of them outright without prejudice or agendas?

Asking cause we all need to feel heard in OUR country, but the idea of Woke just never had a definition to me.
This country was at its most successful when corporate taxes were high. Eisenhower taxed the shit out of big corporations and it basically created the middle class. Today's Republicans allowing corporations to skate on taxes is a huge problem. Destroying the middle class. It's not rocket science.
Okay so we got:
  • Trans stuff x3
Originally Posted by anmar85
NOPE - its all of this left wing bullshit

* Defunding the police