Candie Hilton

There have been a couple of posts lately in Requests/ISO where Candie's name has come up and today there was a post wondering what had happened to her since she has been silent since mid-December. I had seen Candie a couple of times in Oct and Nov and we have become friends outside of the hobby. I spoke with her tonight and mentioned that her name was coming up in discussions here. She asked that I let eveyrbody know that she is unavailable currently because of a sudden serious illness in her family. It popped up early December and since about mid December it has consumed all of her time.

She asked me to let everybody know that she will be back on the board sometime soon to talk about her situation but in the meantime she wanted to let everybody know that she is sorry that she has been unable to respond to posts here, texts, emails or calls. I think all of us who have dealt with her in this community know that that's not the type person she is.

On a personal note I'd like to ask that you all remember her in whatever way you feel comfortable with. Her spirits are still high and she still has that wonderful smile but the last six week have been rough and there have been some big changes that she has had to deal with.

I hope this answers some of the questions.
Please convey that I hope things get better for her & her family.

I don't know her personally but she's always been super sweet when I've communicated with her for references.
best wishes to her.

i like knowing ladies' human side too; and damn the risk of sounding like a sentimental old fool.
Candie is a great person and I hate to hear that anything bad has happened to her or her family.

Please convey to her my deepest sympathies and that she and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.