Credit cards?

I noticed a lady in Austin who accepted credit cards. I thought that was an interesting idea... I can get reward points for this?!?

Anyone in the metroplex do this? I can always use rewards.
The biggest single problem will be the merchant agreement you have to sign. You cannot accept CCs for payment of an illegal service or product. Or anything that damages the reputation of the CC company. Why do yu think Backpage cannot accept credit cards any longer?

# 2 is the clear paper trail you create. Can we say make it easy for LE to put the nail in your coffin?

.All the guy has to do is contest the charges and you are screwed. Most would never do it but some will. You better have a tight business model or a very good shell company to use as cover.
Valid thoughts. Not awake yet I guess!
Even for those who accept cards for legal services (video, webcam, site access, etc), it is quite costly to do so for high risk businesses and not worth the expense and hassles for individuals or small companies. Aggregators, such as PayPal and Stripe, are held to the strict standards by their backing banks, as well. This is one reason there are the relatively few big players and then a lot of wannabe's in the adult digital biz.
  • NYr
  • 07-27-2016, 05:55 PM
if busted, automatically becomes a federal case. (commerce across state lines)
Hmm what about services that were named differently. I once went to Nevada to a brothel and used a cc (stupid) and they were very adamant that the charges would come up as "such and such" and not what it actually was for. I mean who would really know what the payment was for?...Unless a suspicious spouse did some digging around and did research on a bogus company attached to the charge, but other than that? I have to admit the rewards points question cracked me up....IF ONLY!!!
It would be great if more providers started accepting other methods of payment such as PayPal or Venmo. Many of us don't like to carry cash and it will be harder for pimps to try to rob clients.
If bitcoin weren't so damn slow that could be an option.
Thing is, aside from whatever legalities might ensue (per those pointed out above) the hobbyist still has to pay cash to retire the cc charges.

Much better, imo, to pay cash up front, or for providers to accept certain gift cards (assuming they can verify the value of the card prior to services rendered) which can obviously be from HEB, or Visa, MasterCard, etc.

Worry not so much about "paper trails" and federal racket violations as the more obvious clues marking a hobby trail with overly frequent joint bank account withdrawals, absent office or home hours on end, lipstick on a dick or tightiey whitie, exposed hobby cell phones, exposed tablets or laptop browsing histories. Not to mention those late night phone calls and it is not "Roger from State Farm" at 3 in the a.m.
  • grean
  • 07-28-2016, 08:28 AM
keep using old fashioned cash for the hobby.
Paypal has my account froze because someone disputed charges and it's really hard to prove services rendered. Plus invites them in to see all your transactions and the money you've been pulling it. I think I'm going to stop taking CC are together it's just not worth it if it's not going to protect me. And they do offer protection but only for buying and selling not for services.
If using paypal, ALWAYS use the sending cash to family or friend. This cannot be disputed and Pay Pal will not take any action. If you select payment for product or service, the payer can claim they never received and you as the provider have to prove you delivered said service. Good luck with that
Yup that is exactly right
Good point.