RW jobs after prostitution conviction?

Can anyone suggest a way for a lady with a prostitution conviction to get a real world job? Is there ANY job out there that doesn't require a background check that would turn up a conviction in Texas?
Small businesses often don't do background checks. Also, most people who work as independent contractors for companies don't have to go through checks either. Of course, there is always the option of starting your own business if that's feasible. If it was a former provider, perhaps networking via some clients and provider friends may turn something up.

However, I think most background checks are looking for felonies, not misdemeanors, but I could be wrong. If someone else knows what information is actually displayed on a background check, I'd be interested to know as well. I'm aware different companies do different checks, but a general idea would be nice.
I would add that if you're a provider who has faced this situation and don't want to say so publicly, please PM me if you have a suggestion that worked for you. And keep in mind that the P in PM stands for PRIVATE.
Construction-related jobs is a vehicle many people with felonies use to get back in the work force. If u show up on time and ready to halfway work, then ur ahead of the curve. CNA work may be a little lax on the background checks too
Most BGC looks at the entire record including arrest with no conviction, misdemeanors and felonies. In most cases the BGC goes back 10, 7 5 or 3 years and that is based on how the records is pulled. It also depend on where the inquire actually takes place. In California, Massachusetts, New York for example, misdemeanors don't show up after 5 years, if drug related then 3 years. in our great state of TX we are screwed since there is no limitation. Also if you have a deferred adjudication (depending on the case) it will not show after 10 years if you petition the court.

Hope this helps
Can anyone suggest a way for a lady with a prostitution conviction to get a real world job? Is there ANY job out there that doesn't require a background check that would turn up a conviction in Texas? Originally Posted by mastermind238
Has she already tried to find a job? Maybe your friend is hollering before she's hurt, or setting her sights too high. Based on my experience, if every plant manager insisted that all his production workers have a clean sheet, most would be stuck with a skeleton crew.
Has she already tried to find a job? Originally Posted by roaringfork
She says she has.

The guy that runs our company seems to find most of his workers (1099s, not W-2s) in bars and does no background checks, other than sometimes calling a few references.

Seems like a law office would be a good place for a former prostitute to work. She'd be in good company. (Ducking to avoid the stuff coming my way.)
The guy that runs our company seems to find most of his workers (1099s, not W-2s) in bars Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
I suspect that about my co-workers some times.
This is actually a pretty good thread! A lot of people out there have blemishes on their backgrounds. Speaking from experience, (I've never had a prostitution case, by the way) a criminal background is something you have to deal with. It sucks to find jobs, and it also sucks to find a place to live!

I've had to change my major in school due to some bullshit. At the moment, I'm doing my basics to secure an education under my belt and I aspire someday to become a criminal defense attorney. If that doesn't work, I'll start my own business.

Also, I'm not sure what the accuracy of this is, but here is a list of employers that supposedly hire felons...maybe they will look over someone who have a prostitution conviction. FYI, If you hire a felon, you get a tax credit!

But in the end, networking and meeting your prospective employers in person sure does beat going online and filling out applications for no response.

Good luck.
I know that a lot of companies are looking for certain problem issues such as theft, fraud, or substance issues, and would overlook that offense if it isolated and has no other charges with it such as theft or any issues with forbidden substances. At times when I've been in management situations I worked for several companies that did background checks and wouldn't even bother to call me for a pros offense. They just let me make my own choice. The one thing that would work against her would be lying about it. If she said no and the check found it, no way I'd hire her. I think most bosses wouldn't care if she was honest about it. She just needs to try it and if it is a problem at one company, it may not be at another.
If she has any sales aptitude, there are sales organizations that would hire an ax murderer as long as he/she can convince someone to buy something.
Tell her to not give up, just get out there and try.
She says she has.

Originally Posted by mastermind238

Part of the issue is not the conviction, but the outstanding warrants. Be sure she is being honest with you about her actual record (or rather that it being an honesty issue, she just may have no clue as to her status).

Many employers hire felons. Most shy away from those with outstanding warrants where the employee may stop showing up because they are on the run.
The list seems to omit congress.
I hire hookers

the 40 hour work week, showing up on time, pissing in the cup and $11/hr have been a problem
I work in the healthcare industry which is always hiring for a variety of non-clinical support roles. The big "NO"s are drug records, theft and assault - all obvious given the enviroment.

I've noted though that many employers (in all industries) tend to review background infomation through a viel of "morality" also. I imagine at some of the companies on that above list, some hiring manager is going to look at a solicitation/prositution charge and say "NO". We do live in the bible belt after all.