apartment tenent records - searchable?

• thx
  • 03-20-2013, 09:12 PM
I know that residential and business records are searchable.

But, what about who is listed in apartment addresses? I have been told a few times about the 'real' signer of apartment leases, but can't imagine how they do it.
Residential owners are searchable by public property tax records. Businesses are typically searchable by SecOfState records, sales tax records, etc. Commonality, public filings. Apartment leases are typically private agreements and as such are likely not "searchable" through any traditional means.
Residential owners are searchable by public property tax records. Businesses are typically searchable by SecOfState records, sales tax records, etc. Commonality, public filings. Apartment leases are typically private agreements and as such are likely not "searchable" through any traditional means. Originally Posted by Leon Sandcastle
Technically true but...

There is the issue of who is the person of record on bills related to the address. For example, get a phone in your name and even if it is "unpublished" there is a reasonable chance that a search of certain databases will tie your name to the address. And while I am not certain of the legality I would not be terribly surprised to find that other providers of services sell or lease their lists for marketing purposes, which could also lead to exposure.