Congrats Emmitt Smith, Hall of Fame Class of 2010

IMO, the best running back in the history of the NFL. I am biased, and I am sure others here have their opinion on that. But, I think he was the total package, on and off the field. The 2010 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be Saturday 6 P.M. on ESPN and the HOF Game will be Sunday Night on NBC with the Dallas Cowboys vs. Cincinnati Bengals.

ESPN Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...vin&id=5434935

At least in the Hall of Fame he will no longer be a diamond surrounded by trash
My football signed by him aikman moose and irvins value just went up a bit
Emmit is such a great person. Congratulations to him.
  • w900l
  • 08-07-2010, 07:57 AM
Amen to the best running back in the NFL and with the most heart !!!!!

I'll never forget that playoff game (I can't remember the year) with the Giants when Emmitt separated his shoulder during the game and kept playing, if he had quit they would have lost that game, the Cowboys went on to win the Super Bowl that year.
Amen to the best running back in the NFL and with the most heart !!!!!

I'll never forget that playoff game (I can't remember the year) with the Giants when Emmitt separated his shoulder during the game and kept playing, if he had quit they would have lost that game, the Cowboys went on to win the Super Bowl that year. Originally Posted by w900l
It was the Jan. 2nd 1994, definitely IMO his "profiles in courage" moment. It was the 1993 season finale, and the winner would win the NFL East Division and a first round bye. I remember John Madden praising Emmitt for his sacrifice. Emmitt also went on to win the MVP in the 93 Superbowl.

here's a video of it:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...-with-one-arm/
  • Fiero
  • 08-07-2010, 01:44 PM
That Giants game...the 4th quarter especially, is one you don't ever forget if your a Cowboys fan. There may be other backs who were better "runners" but no one ever delivered like Emmit when it mattered most. Troy Michael Emmit...reunited in Canton as it should be.
Emmit is such a great person. Congratulations to him. Originally Posted by Tara Evans

ur kinda of a HOFer urself....
  • Rebel
  • 08-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree congrats Emmitt, a true Hall of Famer. This is a great class going in today.
I agree congrats Emmitt, a true Hall of Famer. This is a great class going in today. Originally Posted by Rebel

Its on now, he will be the last but not least, Floyd Little is being inducted now and Emmitt is next!
Sorry, the HOFer's aren't Troy, Emmitt and Irvin, its Stepnoski, Newton, Erik Williams and Tuinei. Those guys are the greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL. Then throw in Johnston and Novacek.
Sorry, the HOFer's aren't Troy, Emmitt and Irvin, its Stepnoski, Newton, Erik Williams and Tuinei. Those guys are the greatest offensive line in the history of the NFL. Then throw in Johnston and Novacek. Originally Posted by gnadfly

I agree they should get their praise, and if you watched Emmitt's HOF speech, you know he acknowledged each one and some more you didnt list like solomon paige and ray donaldson and I think some others and had them stand up when he called their name. of course Tuinei wasnt there he died of an overdose on may 6th 1999. but to say the triplets arent HOFers isnt something I agree with. The Triplets have always praised their OL and coaches.
Hate to bust anyone's bubble but who do you think is:

• #1 All-Time in Rushing Yards/Game (104.3)
  • #1 All-Time in Total Scrimmage Yards/Game (125.5)
JIM BROWN, and he averaged over a yard more per carry than Emmit. Emmit is like 13th/18th on the 2 lists above. When you compare guys who played a varying number of years, you have to look at the averages.

Brown's first four seasons were only 12 games, and his last five were 14 games). YET HE NEVER PLAYED PAST THE AGE OF 29
Brown and Gale Sayers are the only 2 running backs in NFL History to average over 5 yards per carry. 5.2 for Brown, 4.2 for Emmit

NO COMPARISON
Hate to bust anyone's bubble but who do you think is:

• #1 All-Time in Rushing Yards/Game (104.3)
  • #1 All-Time in Total Scrimmage Yards/Game (125.5)
JIM BROWN, and he averaged over a yard more per carry than Emmit. Emmit is like 13th/18th on the 2 lists above. When you compare guys who played a varying number of years, you have to look at the averages.

Brown's first four seasons were only 12 games, and his last five were 14 games). YET HE NEVER PLAYED PAST THE AGE OF 29
Brown and Gale Sayers are the only 2 running backs in NFL History to average over 5 yards per carry. 5.2 for Brown, 4.2 for Emmit

NO COMPARISON
Originally Posted by wildcat
It's refreshing to find someone else who hasn't been bamboozled by the Cowpie propaganda mill.
Had Jim Brown run behind Emmit's offensive line he would have set the bar even higher.
It's refreshing to find someone else who hasn't been bamboozled by the Cowpie propaganda mill.
Had Jim Brown run behind Emmit's offensive line he would have set the bar even higher. Originally Posted by Chainsaw Anthropologist

Same with Barry Sanders.