So whores gain a tool in shutting down negative reviews?

Local whore gets a negative Review.....

PW WKs descend and disruption occurs as both sides go back and forth...

Provider whines to please shut the thread down....

Instead of a MOD actually Moderating the thread and the differing opinions presented the Negative review gets locked and drifts away.....

Damage control successful........

How is any of that good for information presented? Both sides managed to post up some worthwhile info......

Wasn't the point of adding a MOD on the Austin Staff to be able to actually MODERATE threads? 4 Pages of back and forth and not a single warning or comment FROM a MOD other than to lock the thread?
That review thread has been reopened.
Yes. It was reopened... But I had already started this thread before it was.

The main concern here though is that it never SHOULD have been locked.

Long before a thread gets locked there should be SOME attempt made by staff to actually MODERATE it don't you think?
The thread was closed for less than two days.
I believe the closure was always meant to be ttemporary as the discourse between the wk's and non wk's was getting too hostile.
I think that was a reasonable move at that time to attempt to calm things down, but that is my opinion and others will opine as they wish.
Why not "moderation" though?

Actually making comments IN the thread and issuing warnings and then points to members getting out of line?

Locking a thread is rather extreme and should be a LAST resort.... Not the GoTo action.

In this particular case I think it is noteworthy that the only "moderation" was exactly what the whore that received the negative review requested in 2 threads she started.

Would the thread have been reopened?

or did it get reopened after being RTM'd or brought to an Admin's attention or because a public thread was started about it?

We don't know what would occur in the absence of questioning it do we?
  • ztonk
  • 02-10-2016, 12:30 PM
Why not "moderation" though? Originally Posted by Whispers
Because modtards are lazy!

Seriously, though, it was a trainwreck by the time we saw it and instead of spending the time trying to unravel it, it was just easier to close it. As has been already stated, the thread is open again and you can expect some "regular" moderation there now.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
Yes. It was reopened... But I had already started this thread before it was.

The main concern here though is that it never SHOULD have been locked.

Long before a thread gets locked there should be SOME attempt made by staff to actually MODERATE it don't you think? Originally Posted by Whispers
whine whine whine.. you don't offer anything so why bitch?
Thanks for being honest ztonk...lol

But, I agree, we shouldn't let PW WKs influence a review just cuz thier collective pussies hurt when a whore gets mad. Tsk Tsk.
Just a step away from being TER, where all a whore has to do is cry about a NO recommendation and they delete the review.
whine whine whine.. you don't offer anything so why bitch? Originally Posted by nuglet
That seems to be about all you do old man......nothing but whining...... have you hit that age where you wear diapers and need to be treated like a little baby again?

I feel this thread was a contribution and can create discussion about an issue that affects us all. I understand that you don't agree but you quit considering issues long ago when you hit a point of only being able to fuck the old and less desirable in the mix......

Did you have a comment in regards to the subject of the thread? IF not please RTM your post.
I love it when men who are in the "hobby" get mad and call us providers whores....really turns me on lol gets me nice and wet.
That seems to be about all you do old man......nothing but whining...... have you hit that age where you wear diapers and need to be treated like a little baby again?

I feel this thread was a contribution and can create discussion about an issue that affects us all. I understand that you don't agree but you quit considering issues long ago when you hit a point of only being able to fuck the old and less desirable in the mix......

Did you have a comment in regards to the subject of the thread? IF not please RTM your post. Originally Posted by Whispers
nah, you're not worth the effort.. you contribute NOTHING OLD MAN. change your diapers, and if ya need help... I know Moon is standing by.
I love it when men who are in the "hobby" get mad and call us providers whores....really turns me on lol gets me nice and wet. Originally Posted by KendalClarkson
What makes you think that anybody is mad? I used the word when referring to prostitutes, hookers, providers etc because it's an accurate term that represents what you are
Like a rose, a whore by any other name...

I love it when men who are in the "hobby" get mad and call us providers whores....really turns me on lol gets me nice and wet. Originally Posted by KendalClarkson