Apartments in Austin

To all the Austinites out there.

I'm planning on relocating to Austin and I need ideas of inexpensive but nice apartment complexes that have easy qualification terms. I'd prefer to be either along 35 or 183, possibly Mopac.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it..

AA
Anything on mopac is somewhat pricey and not real easy on terms, But I do know the Camden Apts all over town are with an extra deposit. One of my crews just rented down south and he has terrible credit. Charged him 1/2 month deposit, they are nice places. Welcome to Austin you will love it..
hey doll, welcome to Austin
Welcome girl.. get ready rents expensive.. I pay alittle over $1000 for a 1 bedroom apartment rent is super high. I have always had a normal job so have never had a problem with employment verification but every apartment I have ever had that was nice and in a good part of town had very strict credit and employment verifications. Maybe try a local apartment locater they might be able to help you out.
  • Old-T
  • 02-13-2016, 10:09 PM
Welcome girl.. get ready rents expensive.. I pay alittle over $1000 for a 1 bedroom apartment rent is super high. Originally Posted by Britttany_love
Things are all relative--I'm in DC, and $1K a month would be a god-send if it was in a remotely decent part of town.

And my friends in NYC can't believe how little I pay!
Ya I couldnt imagine living in either of those 2 states I would be working probably 3 jobs. However I know both of those states are very expensive to live in so I would never step foot in them. The shitty thing is texas is still at a shitty $7.25 an hr minimum wage while DC is $10.50 an hr and New York os $9.00.. I like those numbers better. Both those states have actually increased there minimum hourly rates within the last year unlike texas.. not everything is better in Texas!
Check burnet rd area (chill vibe, not in the vagina triangle and decent rent) or south like mata says...imo AVOID AT ALL COST 183-35 area...well unless your partial to roaches and police sirens
To all the Austinites out there.

I'm planning on relocating to Austin and I need ideas of inexpensive but nice apartment complexes that have easy qualification terms. I'd prefer to be either along 35 or 183, possibly Mopac.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it..

AA Originally Posted by Ahverie Avalon
no such thing a inexpensive rent in Austin like Brittany says...unless you want a run down crappy one. and 183/35 is not the 'best' area of town for apts.

Mopac/Parmer area not to bad. Mopac/Wells Branch a little cheaper. Pa-Flugerville not to bad.
My logical mind suggests that perhaps first you test the Austin area by investing in a month's worth of temporary lodging.

You can then check your business climate. And get a better feel for traffic, etc.

Meet some locals in person one on one.

See whether "north" or "south" works better for you.

Best of luck out there!
As usual, CK has provided sound, valuable advice.

Welcome and I hope we see you here soon.