Pattern of Bad Judgment

Recently there has been a disturbing pattern of extremely bad judgment by a member (and former mod). For those who are more casual readers of the board they may not have seen the breadcrumbs of this pattern. Several members have requested this discussion be made public.

Please find the following links for your review:

Doesn't condone outing of people:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1169500#post1169500
Specific post - http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1169500&postcount=11

Says it is a private matter after the fact:

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=187288

Make your own decisions ladies and gentleman.
i love the smell of napalm in the morning
i love the smell of napalm in the morning Originally Posted by monkmonk
Oh goodie, old fashioned popcorn.

>I wonder how many bad judgements will be made here<
I hate to throw salt into wounds...hell, who am I kidding. I love it, lol.

I'm sorry, but the former mod in question is a real DB. I've learned plenty of life's lessons the hard way, but anyone who would play around with that much risk knowing the consequences, over and over and over, then playing out the entire story for the hobby world to see is missing more than a few cards in his deck.

I hope this is as good a read for my down time as I'm expecting
  • T-Can
  • 04-20-2011, 11:10 AM
I smelled it and threw up first thing....maybe it's the hangover.....

I love bad judgements though - it makes life interesting
, but anyone who would play around with that much risk knowing the consequences, over and over and over, then playing out the entire story for the hobby world to see is missing more than a few cards in his deck.
Originally Posted by absorbed
That's my issue with the whole thing. Not sure if it is calculated pre-damage control or just a "whoa is me" situation. Hell, I have fucked up, but I rarely fuck up twice for the same reason.
Without drama, this site would be worthless and get zero page hits.

Now let's bring it on.

Can't wait for people directly involved to post but then again, I'd place bets that some have been instructed to NOT post their side in public or get banned.

Maybe those can simply quote the previous statement letting others know they are prohibited from posting their side.
...it's been more than twice if you go back far enough, and to other boards....

I can't wait to hear from the white knights/knightresses....after they are finished eating crow, of course.

I'm wondering has anyone considered the reason some people play around with risk is because they are doing risky shit too? It would certainly explain a lot of erratic behavior.

My money is on calculated pre-damage control.
Without drama, this site would be worthless and get zero page hits.

Now let's bring it on.

Can't wait for people directly involved to post but then again, I'd place bets that some have been instructed to NOT post their side in public or get banned.

Maybe those can simply quote the previous statement letting others know they are prohibited from posting their side. Originally Posted by LazurusLong
you would loose that bet unless someone violated the rules
And the obligatory picture when referencing the above quote.

Dannie in control lol I know the mods closed this thread in the private lounge but really this should have been brought up in the coed forum. It is high time both providers and hobbiest air out any issue and let the chips fall. Kind of like the IPOD Issue. I will say this burned once okay but twice you deserve it
whether the subjects of this are douchebags, stand up folks, or not in their right minds, i dont see any positive value in calling them names or piling on. one's opinion of another's actions/behavior is highly subjective.

so, the way i look at all this and similar topics is to see what someone else did that probably could have done better and then LEARN what to do and what NOT to do in this sub-culture as well as in the real world!!

* take your time before you discipline, unless it is clearly blatant!
* dont loan money to someone if you cant afford to lose it, whether you know them well or just a tad.
* dont get in bed w/ someone w/ unreasonable expectations.
* dont get intimate w/ someone who has mental and/or behavioral and/or abuse problems unless you are 100% prepared for major negatory fallout.
No judgement from me either way, but that was the first word that popped into my head. To be verbally flayed...ouch!
I am really confused, I have a hard time following soap operas!

Who did what to whom?
I am really confused, I have a hard time following soap operas!

Who did what to whom? Originally Posted by Red Tex
That's what I'm saying! I'm supposedly the "queen of drama" yet I have no stinking clue what any of this is about. I guess that's what happens when you really do mind your own business-imagine that lol

Meg