House Democrats to Lose 16th Incumbent Ahead of 2022 Midterms With Johnson Retirement

• oeb11
  • 11-21-2021, 06:57 AM
https://www.newsweek.com/rep-eddie-b...dterms-1651642

Democratic Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson announced Saturday that she won't seek reelection next year and plans to retire after serving nearly three decades in Congress.
Johnson, 85, of Dallas, revealed her retirement at the end of her term at an event in her hometown, surrounded by family.
"I'm proud of what I've done because there is no Texan in the history of this state who has brought more home," Johnson said, according to the Texas Tribune. "As much as we trash the names of some of the Republicans, they were some of the same ones that helped me be successful."
The trailblazing Democrat made history as the first Black woman elected to state public office from Dallas in 1972, and the first African American and first woman chair of the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, according to a statement from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
Newsweek Newsletter sign-up >

Democratic Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson announced Saturday that she won't seek reelection next year and plans to retire after serving nearly three decades in Congress. Above, former President Barack Obama chats with Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings (R) and Rep. Johnson upon arrival at Dallas Love Airport on March 11, 2016 in Dallas, Texas. Mandel Ngan/Getty Images

"Chairwoman Eddie Bernice Johnson has been a dedicated and highly effective leader on behalf of Dallas area families and the entire nation for her thirty years in the Congress and nearly 50 years in public service," Pelosi said. "She has used her gavel as the powerful Chair of the Science, Space, and Technology Committee to advance great progress for America, and her leadership and friendship will be missed by many in the Congress."
Johnson is the 16th House Democrat to indicate that they will not seek reelection ahead of the 2022 midterm elections.
Rep. G.K. Butterfield of North Carolina, 74, announced his retirement Thursday, dealing another blow to Democratic efforts to retain their House majority next year.
Newsweek subscription offers >
The mounting retirements presents a warning sign for Democrats, underscoring the expectation that the party who wins the presidency frequently loses congressional seats in the next midterm elections. However, Johnson's retirement is unlikely to change the balance of power in Washington D.C., as she represents a solidly Democratic district.
Johnson has yet to endorse a successor for her seat. She has, however, committed to backing a "female that is qualified."
"I will recommend to you who is the best to follow me," Johnson said. "Anyone who has already been rejected in this district will not be getting my endorsement."
Rep. Colin Allred, a Texas Democrat, celebrated Johnson's congressional legacy in a statement released Saturday.
"Whether you are from Dallas or not, nearly every Texan has benefited in some way from the work of Congresswoman Johnson. Her legacy is remarkable, and I can tell you firsthand from our shared work on the Transportation Committee, that no one works harder for their constituents," he said.
Newsweek reached out to Johnson's office for further comment.

Comment - It seems that long-term DPST party Congresspeoples - are seeing teh writing on teh wall. The marxist, racist, radical progressive communists have control - and 2022 is likely to be a backlash against Communist imposition on America.

People's are leaving teh sinking ship of radical marxist racist Progressive idiocy.

The DPST party - those with any common sense such as Bill Maher - see what is happening.

Attached - article on Michael Flynn - persecuted by teh Fiden DOJ, has an Opinion that seems a bit far-fetched - However, i am sure there are those radical communist racist marxists of teh DPST party who are happy to participate in a coup against America that is economically inflicted.

Is it possible - maybe
Would teh DPST radicals Do This if they thought thhy could be successful in imposing their marxist 'paradise" on America - Hell Yes!

So- for nm/1b1 and the other radical DPST narrative Xinn minions - Would You support teh DPST party in this Effort????
Well, would You, DPSTs????

Michael Flynn Claims Dems Plotting Financial Collapse to Stop Midterms, Control Society

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Vk3?li=BBnbfcL

Michael Flynn claimed that Democrats are plotting to "gain greater control over society" by manipulating inflation and attempting to stop the 2022 midterm elections from taking place.
Flynn, a former advisor to Donald Trump, said he's "not convinced" that next year's elections will take place and alleged that Democrats are orchestrating a "financial collapse" of the economy to seize control of the government.
"I believe that our 2022 national elections are at risk, meaning that, you know...I am not convinced that we are going to have national elections in 2022. The reason why I believe that is because the Left does not want to risk losing to the conservative movement that has clearly grown in the country," Flynn said during a recent interview as part of the Reawaken America tour.
Flynn then went on to say that he believes Democrats are attempting to manipulate inflation to higher levels in order to create a "controlled financial depression" to collapse the economy.
"What we're going to see, and this is the plan of the Left, is to basically take over control of the United States of America. Get us to a place where we have just staggering financial problems, and so more control by the federal government must be put into place. More controls by the Federal Reserve, more control by the federal government, meaning that we're going to see more emergency orders from the White House to do certain things—to take dramatic and drastic steps—to put people around the country under control of the federal government more and more and more over the coming year," he added, according to a video shared Saturday by attorney Ron Filipkowski.
Michael Flynn says Democrats are plotting to cancel the 2022 elections to seize control of the national govt. He says they are intentionally orchestrating a controlled financial collapse of the American economy so they can enact strict govt control of every aspect society. pic.twitter.com/zJYFfenMN9
— Ron Filipkowski (@RonFilipkowski) November 20, 2021
Flynn, a retired U.S. Army lieutenant general and briefly a national security adviser to Trump, has long been a leading voice in supporting conspiracies against Democrats and the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.
Earlier this month, Flynn was one of several Trump allies who was issued a subpoena by the House panel investigating the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. The committee alleges that Flynn and others "drove a campaign of misinformation about the election and planned ways to stop the count of Electoral College votes," which led a mob of Trump's supporters to violently storm the Capitol building and attempt to stop the certification of President Joe Biden's win.
Flynn has since branded the investigation an "insurrection crucifixion" and compared House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to Pontius Pilate, who ordered the crucifixion of Jesus in the Bible. The former Trump aide also came under fire for recently stating that there should only be "one religion under God" in the U.S.
Flynn was ousted from his role as national security advisor just weeks into the job due to reports that he misled then-Vice President Mike Pence and others about communications he had with the Russian ambassador to the U.S.

Flynn article is far fetched. I dont think economic collapse would be reason to cancel an election. But mandating more govt control isnt too farfetched. That is something Dems want to do