Seeking reataurant for quiet business dinner in Hurst

The boss wants to go to Outback, but I'm less than thrilled with the food there. Bar is required. Anyone have any recommendations for decent food and a quiet atmosphere conducive to a business discussion?
Bar is required because you are going to sit at the bar or because there will be alcohol consumption?

Also what is the budget?

I would recommend a more casual steak house like Saltgrass but they may not like it if you sit for a long time..

Mst of the upscale steak houses are used to business professionals sitting for a long time and discussing business and know not to disturb them or rush them out: Perry's, III Forks, Capital Grille, Del Frisco, Pappa's, etc

Outback sucks nowadays.
If you're staying exclusively in Hurst your options will be very limited. If Hurst it is then I would choose Italianni's. They serve some very good Italian inspired cuisine and have a decent bar. it's a nice quiet atmosphere I would believe to be perfect for a business meeting or date. Other than that Hurst really doesn't have anything to offer. I would avoid Outback unless your boss presses the issue. I find Outback mediocre and fairly loud to conduct a business dinner.

http://italiannishurst.com
Plus you don't want it too quiet where everyone around you can hear what you are saying.

Ever watched movies where a couple of the characters are in a diner either plotting a major theft heist or a murder or trading industrial secrets or talking about a big conspiracy involving the CIA.

We have seen those scenes 100 times or maybe even 1000 times.

Every time I see one of those scenes, I always say to myself:

Those folks sitting in the booths right behind them or next to them can hear everything they are saying.

In real life you'd want to have this type of discussion sitting in a vehicle with the windows closed and the music on.
Italiannis is the place
Sorry, I wasn't totally lucid when I typed the piece. "Business discussion" sort of overstates it. It's the management of the company looking for a place to meet and talk over a few things in a more relaxed setting than the office, and after hours to avoid that feeling that everyone has in meetings that they could be getting so much work done if they weren't there.

And we're not big spenders. Typical lunch sites for us are Slim Chickens and Tres Ninas.
Sorry.

I just now saw the "Hurst" in the title.
Try LaBistro on Grapevine Hwy. Great food. Reasonable prices. Nice atmosphere. Across from courthouse.
Abuelios
Knife is the best steak. Very good ambience. It’s expensive so better to go here when paying with the corporate card and discussing business.
Knife is the best steak. Originally Posted by redhot11
Better than Pappa's Bros?

In my opinion, yes. However if you look at all the top lists on the internet then Pappas and Knife both will appear there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeWa...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Better than Pappa's Bros?

Originally Posted by CG2014
Wine list is MUCH better at Pappas Brothers.
I don't buy wine at restaurants and strip clubs. Way too over priced. Even by the glass! $15 for a glass and they barely fill that glass halfway.
Gents, remember, the OP is on a tight budget. I'm guessing Pappas Bros wouldn't work in this case.