COMMUNICATION VIA EMAIL GREATLY REDUCES YOUR ODDS

Studies show email results in a nearly 100% failure rate. Below are 3 possible outcomes, all of which end with no appointment:
1) You are asked to provide information too personal
2) You experience an endless number of irrelevant messages or
3) You get no response at all
Between the three I prefer no response at all, rather than go through a never-ending cycle of emails. There are many good providers who answer the phone, however, the same cannot be said for email. Ladies, if email communication is unmanageable than take the option away. Your time can be better spent rather than wasting it on someone you have no intention of seeing.
Below is an example email illustrating outcome #2. Over a week of back & forth communication and no further progressed than the day it began. This is known as the Straw Man Theory; changing the subject to avoid the real issue. Names & addresses have been edited for discretion.
I had no idea GFE includes the hassle you would typically endure with dating. Too many people are all talk and no action. Too many people working on parts of things, and no one seeing anything through completion. Say what you mean and mean what you say.
****************************** ****************************** *************************
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:39:33 -0700
Subject: hi
To: her

ok what's up “name”?
****************************** ****************************** ******************
To: me
Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 10:43 AM

not much ! how about you??
****************************** ****************************** ******************
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:58:13 -0700

oh i'm just minding my own business trying 2 stay out of trouble. yeah, ur friend is real nice. a friend of hers is a friend of mine lol. “name” has beautiful hair. now u just got 2 check me out...or ask “name” ba bye
Date: Tuesday, June 8, 2010, 10:59 AM

lol! k will do!!!
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:34:53 -0700 (PDT)
hi “name”. r u still available 2morrow @ 02:00pm?

Date: Thursday, June 10, 2010, 4:23 PM

Friday at 2?
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:11:00 -0700 (PDT)
yeah is that cool?
Date: Saturday, June 12, 2010, 10:25 AM

This weekend?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:13:53 -0700 (PDT)
what's up...i guess it didn't work out this time. well, i've already expressed desire 2 c u...if u don't feel the same then just say no & i won't bother u ne more.
Date: Monday, June 14, 2010, 4:13 PM

Yes! Tonight?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 07:52:56 -0700

what r u doing friday 02:00pm
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 2:20 PM

friday at 2 works for me!
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:22:59 -0700 (PDT)
cool where do i go or what's ur #?
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 10:01 AM

So friday at two? Grk or gfe?
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
yes i keep telling u silly...this friday @ 02:00pm and both sound fun...so where do i go or what's ur #
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 5:57 PM

How bout tonight?

Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:18:40 -0700 (PDT)
ok this is done...i will not b seeing u...thx

It is called the run around
I am so sorry to hear that you went through that! There are some girls, including myself, that cannot carry hobby phones because of family or real world jobs and email is best. I always answer emails within a very short amount of time unless I am sick or on vacation Well hell... those of you who know me sometimes even that doesn't stop me from answering!!

Julie
  • Txh64
  • 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM
Julie is truly one of the best about email. No run-around with her at all. There are many other ladies that are great about returning email in a timely and useful manner. They are also usually the more established ladies even if they are visiting from another city.

One point to look for is information in her ad/showcase/review regarding a lady's preferred contact method. Another good practice is to send a through initial contact email that shows you did your research and are serious about scheduling.

This post attributed to CPI3000 was a great help to me in the beginning:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=5086

I have noticed a correlation with good communication leading to a good time in person.

Good luck in the future.
I dont provide my number for several reasons.
Julie hit the head on the nail .. We can't carry hobby phones
because of family and personal reasons Also I don't Like first phone contact because I have men call 100 times or send me crazy texts. Also some ask sexual questions over the phone that can make a lady uncomfy.

My returning clients may call me at anytime once I have seen them.
They also know that after a first meeting that they can make short notice appointments because we have established trust and screening is complete.

For me not putting my number out there has helped and not hurt me.
It has really weeded out the time wasters and the stalkers.

Each lady has their own Safe way of doing things.
I'm always more than happy to speak
over the phone and chit chat or answer any questions after a client has passed my screening process.
Beneficial advice taken. However, when i come across providers with only email option i will have 2 pass. Burned 2 many times.

"I know of no science offering an ultimatum for either conformism or an alternative of eternal condemnation. It is interesting the firm believer uses fear-mongering by threatening an eternity in hell for dismissing God."
some guys have all the luck, and I guess some guys dont.
Only you can decide your tolerance for that kind of flakiness.

On one hand, no one would blame you for giving up and moving on to someone else.

On the other hand...

My current Flavor of the Month is TERRIBLE with communications. Calls never answered; emails sometimes answered, sometimes not; and way too much texting - it makes me crazy. But when we hook up - Great Googly-Moogly! - the sparks fly and the chemistry is incredible. So for her (and her alone), I put up with it.

But if the Provider isn't All That and a bag of chips, move on.
  • 69er
  • 06-17-2010, 08:16 PM
science,

The lady in those emails is not without fault... but I think you are equally at fault. Your first email consists of barely more than a grunt. That email does nothing but waste her time. A women who is on top of her game, would likely not answer that email.

If I email a provider... I'm going to suggest a date and time, if I am looking for in or outcall, and provider references or screening info. If given that kind of information she can not do better than the kind of mindless 4 word replies in your example, I'll be moving on. I have very good success with this technique. Certainly better than 75%.
  • npita
  • 06-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Personally, I think that entire email exchange was useless. The OP should have written a lot more and ssaved himself and the provider a lot of hassle exchanging emails. Every appointment I ever scheduled was via pm or email. Next time try something like the following:

XXXX

I would like to schedule an appointment with you for N hour(s) this Friday at 2:00 pm, if you're available. If not, let me know when would be a good time for you. Also, let me know what information you need prior to seeing me so that I can get it to in plenty of time to screen me. I have already read your p411 profile and checked your website, so that I don't need any more information about you.

Thanks
Me

----------------
How difficult is that? My email/pm success rate was 100%.
I kind of agree with pita. The first email said very little if that was the first correspondence. I would probably not have replied at all. It was indication of a long drawn out process that I dislike and don't have time for. The first email should give us some idea who you are, where you found us, and what you are looking for... not to mention some kind of screening info. If you can't give info then say that too.

I understand that you guys are the consumer and have the cash, however, alot of us don't place the priority on the cash but rather the quality of the visit. We make enough to not have to mess with every single flaky email that come along (and there are tons.) I just don't have time. If someone starts off with a good solid foundation email, I dedicate alot more time to that person. When I'm in the office, I stay busy. If I went back and forth like she did, I'd never be in session at all.

Two sides to the coin.
it's ma bell or nothing for me, JR
I have had a pretty good success rate using PM right here on ECCIE. I never make first contact by phone and only use email if the PM goes unanswered. May be I have just been lucky.
I much prefer doing at least the initial contact over email. I almost always receive a prompt response. The exception is if the appointment is shorter notice.
LOL @ the original poster. classic example of passive aggressive.

what kind of crap is this?

----------
Subject: hi

ok what's up “name”?
---------------

and then this?

---------------

oh i'm just minding my own business trying 2 stay out of trouble. yeah, ur friend is real nice. a friend of hers is a friend of mine lol. “name” has beautiful hair. now u just got 2 check me out...or ask “name” ba bye
-------------------

I mean, why didn't you just send her a folded up, hand written note (delivered by her friend) that said "do you like me? check yes or no"