Best steak?

I am looking to go out to eat on New Year's Day and am wondering some good places to go.

I know of Sullivans, Ruth, Austin as mainstays. How about Brazilian style? Has anyone tried Vince Young Steakhouse?

Any recommendations or input is appreciated.

Thanks,

sixx
III Forks is about the only place I haven't had a steak messed up, and I've tried most of the places in Austin. Haven't tried Vince Young.
twin peaks has awesome food!
twin peaks has awesome food! Originally Posted by DallasRain

cmon now....

sixx
Don't know if it's still there, but Hoffbrau (sp?) downtown is an awesome place for steak
Perry's Is YOUR BEST BET!!!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!!!!

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE FLOWER,

Lilly

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR "LILLY EXPERIENCE" LATELY

Perry's Is YOUR BEST BET!!!!!! HANDS DOWN!!!!!! Originally Posted by Austintatious Lilly
+1

Perry's has excellent steaks.! I have been eating at their steak houses in Harris and Galveston County for years and everyone I have ever had, has been excellent!
Hoffbrau sucks. do not go there if you want a good steak. +1 for III Forks. great place with excellent service. old school waiters that treat you well. bone in ribeye :P
Hoffbrau sucks. do not go there if you want a good steak. +1 for III Forks. great place with excellent service. old school waiters that treat you well. bone in ribeye :P Originally Posted by mandola
Hmmmm, I like it, so perhaps I don't know a good steak. I must try this III Forks place
Hmmmm, I like it, so perhaps I don't know a good steak. I must try this III Forks place Originally Posted by Andrea Darling

i like the hofbrau too. it certainly isn't the best steak in town, but it is still good and a bona fide austin tradition as well.
Steiner Ranch SteakHouse is also excellent. Though a little out of the way for most.
Austin Land and Cattle is very good.
Haven't been there in years, but the filet literally melted in your mouth:
http://www.oldwarsaw.com/site
OK I Am Going To Chime In On The Austin Locals

SINCE I AM ONE!!!!!!!

Grew Up With The Steiners - LOVE The Place!!!!!!

GREAT VIEW - LIVE MUSIC - STEAK - THE BUFALL0 QUAIL LEGS - YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

AUSTIN LAND AND CATTLE - KNOW THE OWNERS - YUMMY ALSO!!!!!!!!

MOST CERTAINLY CAN'T GO WRONG WITH EITHER!!!!!!!

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE FLOWER,

Lilly

HAVE YOU HAD YOUR "LILLY EXPERIENCE" LATELY

The best steaks are made at home On a serious note, I have always wondered how that Brazilian steak house on 71 was.