I miss Bill Clinton.

• Trip
  • 01-18-2012, 04:30 PM
He was POTUS during the best economy of my lifetime. I miss him too!
I found him very interesting.
He reaped the rewards of what Reagan had set up...
He reaped the rewards of what Reagan had set up... Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
How would you know? You were still in diapers when Reagan was Prez!
Me too.
The coolest bumper sticker read,

sixx
He reaped the rewards of what Reagan had set up... Originally Posted by Wyldeman30
I think he reaped the rewards from the timing of his Presidency......the internet age changed EVERYTHING........and his Vice President Al Gore invented it......AWESOME tag team
I think he reaped the rewards from the timing of his Presidency...... Originally Posted by Who's Your Daddy
dot com bubble, and end of cold war benefit,.. fortunate timing indeed
A lot of people took advantage of the economy during his watch. They build it up, milked it for everything it was worth, sold it for a bundle and lived like kings.
Of course, what's not to miss from Clinton's times?

Oh wait....here's a few things....

1. Passed the most restrictive gun control legislation since 1968 by signing the Brady Bill and the Assault weapons ban. It was so restrictive that cops had to get letters from their Chief of Police so that they could buy a standard 15 round magazine for their pistols. The average citizen simply couldn't buy them at all. Just one example of just how retarded this legislation was.

2. 1993- After a famine has killed hundreds of thousands of Somali's, the U.N. sends in troops to safeguard the food shipments which are being hijacked by warlords while the people starve to death. 24 UN Peackeepers are ambushed and massacred by forces loyal to Aidid. The U.S. sends in Special Operations forces to find and capture Aidid. After 19 Rangers, CAG and other Special Operations groups were killed and dozens wounded in Somalia, Clinton tucks tail and orders all military personnel out of that country. He wouldn't allow the military to do what needed to be done. We see how well that's worked out for the Somali people.

3. 1994- Having already established that cowardice is the cornerstone of his foreign Policy, Clinton and his Sec of Disaster Albright stand by and do NOTHING as 800,000 Rwandan's are systematically massacred. The biggest genocide since the Holocaust and Clinton does absolutely nothing.
Now a cynic may pick up on the fact that both of these countries had large, mostly black populations but hey, he's a good guy and surely race played no role in whether he thought it was worth it or not to send troops to intervene.

4. Now let's look at how many times the U.S. or our people and interests were attacked under Clinton's watch:

a) February 1993 - A bomb in a van explodes in the underground parking garage in New York's World Trade Center, killing six people and wounding 1,042.

b) April 19, 1995 - A car bomb destroys the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people and wounding over 600.

c) Nov. 13, 1995 - A car-bomb in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia kills seven people, five of them American military and civilian advisers for National Guard training. The "Tigers of the Gulf," "Islamist Movement for Change," and "Fighting Advocates of God" claim responsibility.

d) June 25, 1996 - A bomb aboard a fuel truck explodes outside a U.S. air force installation in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. 19 U.S. military personnel are killed in the Khubar Towers housing facility, and 515 are wounded, including 240 Americans.

e) Aug. 7, 1998 - Terrorist bombs destroy the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. In Nairobi, 12 Americans are among the 291 killed, and over 5,000 are wounded, including 6 Americans. In Dar es Salaam, one U.S. citizen is wounded among the 10 killed and 77 injured.

In response, on August 20 the United States attacked targets in Afghanistan and Sudan with over 75 cruise missiles fired from Navy ships in the Arabian and Red seas. About 60 Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired from warships in the Arabian Sea. Most struck six separate targets in a camp near Khost, Afghanistan. Simultaneously, about 20 cruise missiles were fired from U.S. ships in the Red Sea striking a factory in Khartoum, Sudan. Results for the millions of dollars worth of missiles fired??? NOTHING!

f) Oct. 12, 2000 - A terrorist bomb damages the destroyer USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 sailors and injuring 39.

All of these attacks carried out under Clinton's watch. Why? Because he showed his cowardice and aversion to utilizing our military from the very beginning of his Presidency. It was open season on the USA and it's interests around the world as far as terror organizations were concerned.

Oh, and not to get into a long, drawn out debate again on the issue of the housing crisis but few experts disagree (unlike some here I'm sure) that Clinton played a role (by far wasn't the only one but certainly ONE of the people responsible) in the recent housing crisis our Country experienced.

Yeah, what's not to miss? Well except for all the above among many other things. To list them all would take up more time than I'm interested in investing in the subject matter tonight.
Of course, what's not to miss from Clinton's times?

Oh wait....here's a few things....

1. Passed the most restrictive gun control legislation since 1968 by signing the Brady Bill and the Assault weapons ban. It was so restrictive that cops had to get letters from their Chief of Police so that they could buy a standard 15 round magazine for their pistols. The average citizen simply couldn't buy them at all. Just one example of just how retarded this legislation was.

2. 1993- After a famine has killed hundreds of thousands of Somali's, the U.N. sends in troops to safeguard the food shipments which are being hijacked by warlords while the people starve to death. 24 UN Peackeepers are ambushed and massacred by forces loyal to Aidid. The U.S. sends in Special Operations forces to find and capture Aidid. After 19 Rangers, CAG and other Special Operations groups were killed and dozens wounded in Somalia, Clinton tucks tail and orders all military personnel out of that country. He wouldn't allow the military to do what needed to be done. We see how well that's worked out for the Somali people.

3. 1994- Having already established that cowardice is the cornerstone of his foreign Policy, Clinton and his Sec of Disaster Albright stand by and do NOTHING as 800,000 Rwandan's are systematically massacred. The biggest genocide since the Holocaust and Clinton does absolutely nothing.
Now a cynic may pick up on the fact that both of these countries had large, mostly black populations but hey, he's a good guy and surely race played no role in whether he thought it was worth it or not to send troops to intervene.

4. Now let's look at how many times the U.S. or our people and interests were attacked under Clinton's watch:

a) February 1993 - A bomb in a van explodes in the underground parking garage in New York's World Trade Center, killing six people and wounding 1,042.

b) April 19, 1995 - A car bomb destroys the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people and wounding over 600.

c) Nov. 13, 1995 - A car-bomb in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia kills seven people, five of them American military and civilian advisers for National Guard training. The "Tigers of the Gulf," "Islamist Movement for Change," and "Fighting Advocates of God" claim responsibility.

d) June 25, 1996 - A bomb aboard a fuel truck explodes outside a U.S. air force installation in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. 19 U.S. military personnel are killed in the Khubar Towers housing facility, and 515 are wounded, including 240 Americans.

e) Aug. 7, 1998 - Terrorist bombs destroy the U.S. embassies in Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. In Nairobi, 12 Americans are among the 291 killed, and over 5,000 are wounded, including 6 Americans. In Dar es Salaam, one U.S. citizen is wounded among the 10 killed and 77 injured.

In response, on August 20 the United States attacked targets in Afghanistan and Sudan with over 75 cruise missiles fired from Navy ships in the Arabian and Red seas. About 60 Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired from warships in the Arabian Sea. Most struck six separate targets in a camp near Khost, Afghanistan. Simultaneously, about 20 cruise missiles were fired from U.S. ships in the Red Sea striking a factory in Khartoum, Sudan. Results for the millions of dollars worth of missiles fired??? NOTHING!

f) Oct. 12, 2000 - A terrorist bomb damages the destroyer USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, killing 17 sailors and injuring 39.

All of these attacks carried out under Clinton's watch. Why? Because he showed his cowardice and aversion to utilizing our military from the very beginning of his Presidency. It was open season on the USA and it's interests around the world as far as terror organizations were concerned.

Oh, and not to get into a long, drawn out debate again on the issue of the housing crisis but few experts disagree (unlike some here I'm sure) that Clinton played a role (by far wasn't the only one but certainly ONE of the people responsible) in the recent housing crisis our Country experienced.

Yeah, what's not to miss? Well except for all the above among many other things. To list them all would take up more time than I'm interested in investing in the subject matter tonight. Originally Posted by DTorrchia
DT---Everything is relative. All of the items listed by you above pales in comparison to the ill fated spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq which ultimately cost the USA $1 trillion and 4500+ Americans killed and tens of thousands more wounded!

Just sayin'
How would you know? You were still in diapers when Reagan was Prez! Originally Posted by bigtex
You are clueless to my age....... I remember telling my teacher and my entire class that they were a bunch of democrat chickens when he was still in office.
The coolest bumper sticker read,

sixx Originally Posted by sixxbach

Just the first attack on the World trade center..... He closed a bunch of bases.
  • Trip
  • 01-19-2012, 02:04 PM
DT---Everything is relative. All of the items listed by you above pales in comparison to the ill fated spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq which ultimately cost the USA $1 trillion and 4500+ Americans killed and tens of thousands more wounded!

Just sayin' Originally Posted by bigtex