Nut allergies and the hobby.

Not that kind of a nut. Over the weekend I had a session with a provider that I had no idea had a nut allergy, on my drive to see her I had some mixed nuts. When I got to the location and we started to kiss and I was fiv she started to say that she felt weird the next thing I know her lips were like balloons and she said she felt itchy all over. She jumped up and grabs an Eppie pen and injected herself. About 10 to 15 minutes later everything was back to normal we talked about how it happened and I was so sorry, we never really had our session but I still paid her since it was my fault.

Scared the crap out of me.
Holy smokes, I would freak out too! Good thing she was prepared, very smart lady. And very classy of you
How was this your fault again?
How was this your fault again? Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Have to agree with this. While unfortunate and a buzz kill, you should get the time you paid for. She wouldn't have reimbursed you if the shoe was on the other foot.

I know this is a medical situation, but for her safety can her handle be mentioned? I've read several reports over the years of people dying after making out with someone who had eaten something with nuts.
If she is that sensitive (epi-pen at the ready) she knows the risks. I'm surprised she doesn't mention it to each dude for just this reason. Glad she's ok. Oh, and those epi-pens are expensive.
If she is that sensitive (epi-pen at the ready) she knows the risks. I'm surprised she doesn't mention it to each dude for just this reason. Glad she's ok. Oh, and those epi-pens are expensive. Originally Posted by tbone77494
I have such a deathly allergic reaction to strawberries that I have that fact splattered over my Showcase here, my website, my P411 profile, my Eros ad, and so on. I'm responsible for my own health and safety, not anybody else.

I also keep EpiPens on hand, just another cost of doing business for me. If you weren't forewarned, iamhavingfun, it wasn't your fault. She should have offered you a make-up session. But NO, do NOT mention her name in here. Inviolate rule of ECCIE - no speculation about an individual's health conditions. Up to her to make it known, should she choose to do so.

However, even with that stated, I still get fellows who somehow miss my warnings. I had to go to the ER earlier this year when a gent had a strawberry-covered dessert at lunch just prior to seeing me and my last Epi malfunctioned. (Did he offer to pay the bill? Of course not. READ the instruction manual that comes with your play toy, gentlemen, please!)

Some ladies may be afraid to publicly admit that they have such a severe allergy. I saw one guy who actually read the warnings and thought I was full of bulltwinkie. He did it on purpose. When my face started turning blotchy red and swelling, he backed out of my incall like I had lit his tail on fire, stuttering apologies, left the donation and tossed another hundred on top of that.

He wasn't a member of ECCIE or I would have blasted him in here. WHY on Earth would I lie about something that could KILL me? Idiot.

"Bulltwinkie?"

Ok...that was funny, LOL!
A favorite word of mine leftover from my childhood, something my Irish granny used to say to describe a foolish person who was "full of bull, and a twinkie to boot!"
I can understand why you felt it was your fault, even though I would say technically it was not. Either way, your reaction was very kind.
I've never seen an allergic reaction like this first hand.

After the epi-pen, if she seemed okay, why not shower and continue on with the appointment?
Damn Fancy - that seriously borders on assault if not worse. What poop stain would intentionally try that? Anyway / no, if you go through needing an epi pen you don't just shake it off and go back to sucking dick. The instructions say go straight to the hospital after use. Some of you guys watch too much '24'
You should have been eating fried chicken instead of mixed nuts, I'm very disappointed.
I've never seen an allergic reaction like this first hand.

After the epi-pen, if she seemed okay, why not shower and continue on with the appointment? Originally Posted by Iron_Man
I've seen many of these reactions with various symptoms. A swollen airway leading to blue lips and fingernails....is not a good thing. General skin breakout is one thing...but it is often just a sign the swollen airway is next.

I've been told by the asthma/allergy doctor: if the epi pen is required...next step is the ER.

Also note, most epi pens don't have enough medicine for the average size person...more than one may be required to keep you alive until the ER is reached so they can give you the rec-epi cocktail.

Finally, oxygen bottles are handy...but useless if the airway is blocked.
I've seen many of these reactions with various symptoms. A swollen airway leading to blue lips and fingernails....is not a good thing. General skin breakout is one thing...but it is often just a sign the swollen airway is next.

I've been told by the asthma/allergy doctor: if the epi pen is required...next step is the ER.

Also note, most epi pens don't have enough medicine for the average size person...more than one may be required to keep you alive until the ER is reached so they can give you the rec-epi cocktail.

Finally, oxygen bottles are handy...but useless if the airway is blocked. Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter
Yep, what he said. Being an Irish Amazon, I will use 2 pens, but rarely have to. I also have some lovely meds my doctor prescribed for such occasions, and I keep a very large bottle of liquid diphenhydramine (aka Benadryl) around. Will not stop a severe attack, but helps with the more minor ones, even though it makes me sick to my stomach.

Symptoms depend on how much exposure one has to the allergen, at least for me. A little bit and my skin goes blotchy red, as I indicated above. If it stops there, I'm fine, don't go to the ER, but I have to resist the urge to scratch when the blotches get itchy, and it takes a day or two for them to fully fade. A wee bit more and my face starts swelling, and things start getting life-threatening, indeed, if it spreads to the tongue and windpipe.

I had to be intubated once after drinking a glass of strawberry-infused Sangria. That will put you in a FOUL mood. I mean, sure, I like a certain kind of tube down my throat, but the medical variety hurts, leaves throat tissues raw for days, and there may be external bruises from insertion. Joking aside, I almost died. My blood pressure dropped, I passed out, and woke up in a bed plugged into all sorts of beeping machines. Scary, scary, SCARY!

Every time I go to a restaurant I make sure that the server knows that I am deathly allergic to strawberries. Most eateries go to great lengths to prevent problems, but I'm pretty sure I've experienced cross contamination and/or just plain uncaring laziness. (Taking the strawberry OFF the top of the creme brulee doesn't stop me from reacting to what was left behind, even if it looks clean. I have to have a completely fresh dessert.)

Let me tell you, it is completely frustrating to be allergic to the most romantic fruit on the planet. No beautiful chocolate-dipped red berries at Valentine's for me, sniff, no refreshing strawberry ice cream in the summertime. Some fellows have gotten insulted when they brought me something berrylicious and I wouldn't sample it, and annoyed when I had to grill them like Good Cop/Bad Cop to make sure that they hadn't, either.

http://www.foodallergy.org

Anyone who has a food allergy or asthma.....should be a member of FAAN