Is just texting a girl enough for an arrest if you don't show up?

I've always worried about this. Is texting a girl you don't know because of an ad and discussing things, but not being specific, enough for them to try to track you down? If they know the only way you got the number is by looking at their ad it seems that would be enough to suspect you, no matter how it's worded. Also, my biggest worry is that some of the girls I've seen are sketchy and into PT and I have a nightmare that they will OD or get arrested and I will be one of the last people they've seen. Will they bother tracking down recently seen Johns? Or will they just concentrate on the most frequently contacted numbers or obvious PT dealers? I was convinced that one girl I saw semi-regularly who disappeared for a while and suddenly reappeared briefly was working with cops and I changed my number. Any thoughts, anyone?
Arrested, not likely. Questioned, yes.
You sound overly paranoid. That's hard on your heart.

And it sounds like you like to slum it a bit, with regard to your companions. Nothing wrong with that, but that raises your chances of getting in a situation that is over your head, or one that you just don't wish to be in.

If you're seeing ladies who are (reasonably) well reviewed, etc., and/or have some sort of web presence, the chances of you getting caught up in something is fairly nominal. Nothing is guaranteed.

But if I was seeing ghosts at every turn and thinking that I was, easily, going to get arrested for JUST texting someone, then I would take up another interest.

If my number was in the last phone number on someone's phone who OD'd, then I would just say that this was someone that I saw an ad for. And that I don't know them. Doubtful that would happen, either. No one is going to be knocking on your door but again, never say never, right?

If someone would die on me, I would call the paramedics and stay there until the coroner/authorities picked up the body. I would do the right thing.

Again, another situation that is very likely not going to happen.

What is PT? You mentioned it a few times. Not sure what that is.

Nothing in life is definitive. If these worries are causing you too much concern, then don't meet up with strange ladies. Or sporting ones.

Best,
Elisabeth
Prohibited Topic, EW...I finally figured it out, lol
Also, if some unhappy fate befell me, I'd only hope that the police would follow up with all my recent contacts to attempt to piece together what happened to me.

EW makes good points about the company you keep raising your risk level. Think about it.

Good luck to you.
You sound overly paranoid. That's hard on your heart.

And it sounds like you like to slum it a bit, with regard to your companions. Nothing wrong with that, but that raises your chances of getting in a situation that is over your head, or one that you just don't wish to be in.

If you're seeing ladies who are (reasonably) well reviewed, etc., and/or have some sort of web presence, the chances of you getting caught up in something is fairly nominal. Nothing is guaranteed.

But if I was seeing ghosts at every turn and thinking that I was, easily, going to get arrested for JUST texting someone, then I would take up another interest.

If my number was in the last phone number on someone's phone who OD'd, then I would just say that this was someone that I saw an ad for. And that I don't know them. Doubtful that would happen, either. No one is going to be knocking on your door but again, never say never, right?

If someone would die on me, I would call the paramedics and stay there until the coroner/authorities picked up the body. I would do the right thing.

Again, another situation that is very likely not going to happen.

What is PT? You mentioned it a few times. Not sure what that is.

Nothing in life is definitive. If these worries are causing you too much concern, then don't meet up with strange ladies. Or sporting ones.

Best,
Elisabeth Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
I'm not saying all the girls I've seen are like that, but I have seen more than one girl from backpage and most of them seem to have issues. I try not to see them anymore because of this. I saw one girl regularly and she was bad news.

As far as writing PT, I guess that's over-caution on my part and it isn't necessary on one of these forums. If you try to bring up drug use or STDs in a reviews forum about a specific girl, the Mods always censor it and replace what you wrote with PT or something similar.

Anyway, I'm not seeing ghosts around every corner, but it makes sense to be as careful as possible in this business, especially when discretion is the most important thing to a lot of people.
Don't say anything incriminating in your texts and use a burner phone just to be safe.
Laws regarding plain-vanilla prostitution are largely a product of state law and vary from state to state. I suspect the OP lives in New Yawk. Maybe a New Yawk lawyer will chime in.
Is texting a girl you don't know because of an ad and discussing things, but not being specific, enough for them to try to track you down? Originally Posted by brundlefly
Don't text anything you wouldn't want to see on a billboard with your picture next to it and you should be fine.

Being able to make an arrest vs. obtain a conviction are two different things, but most places a text is not worth the effort for a simple misdemeanor charge.

Here they can indict a ham sandwich, stick a it with a crazy punitive / disproportionate bond, take your picture put you in the system and then do nothing and eventually offer to just remand the charge later. In the mean time unless you paid the full bond, you just paid 10% plus $50 bucks to the bondsman never to see your money again.

Now if you wind up with a dead, under PT, “PT” on your hands then you may have some explaining to do.
Don't text anything you wouldn't want to see on a billboard with your picture next to it and you should be fine.
Originally Posted by roll_with_me
Thank you, I didn't think of it that way and this actually puts things in perspective.
I've always worried about this. Is texting a girl you don't know because of an ad and discussing things, but not being specific, enough for them to try to track you down? If they know the only way you got the number is by looking at their ad it seems that would be enough to suspect you, no matter how it's worded. Also, my biggest worry is that some of the girls I've seen are sketchy and into PT and I have a nightmare that they will OD or get arrested and I will be one of the last people they've seen. Will they bother tracking down recently seen Johns? Or will they just concentrate on the most frequently contacted numbers or obvious PT dealers? I was convinced that one girl I saw semi-regularly who disappeared for a while and suddenly reappeared briefly was working with cops and I changed my number. Any thoughts, anyone? Originally Posted by brundlefly
Check exposingjohns.com to see if anyone (you texted put info up) had an client show me his profile on there..... Be very careful with text period...
As SJ said, it is a jurisdictional thing. From a practical stand point, why would the cops waste time and resources on a tactic that would not likely result in a conviction unless someone was foolish enough to incriminate themselves. How LE approaches prostitution varies from location to location. In some locations, they go after the streetwalkers b/c of the criminal element associated with them and the negative impact streetwalkers may have on the local economy. Some agencies go after Backpage-- both providers and clients via stings. These are the ones to be careful of. You really need to do research on the girl before making contact or at least any incriminating contact. What worries me the most in this hobby is that there will be a coordinated effort by LE and the feminists to stop busting providers, treat them as victims and go after the clients. They will do it all in the name of stopping human trafficking or the sex slave industry. While this is a laudable effort which should be supported by all, they aren't going to differentiate what 2 consenting adults agree to do. I wish the U.S. would become more like Canada or Germany, but for some damn reason we are so repressed when it comes to sex.
There are many real dangers in the world, but fear of legal reprisal for merely sending a text is sinking deep into the waters of paranoia.

. . . I would say that you face more real danger each day when you get into your car and encounter traffic insanity, but staying alert and being cautious is a more productive approach to dealing with life than been paranoid about something you merely imagined.

I found my ex on exposingjohns, along with the incriminating text. When I confronted him, he claimed that he didn't know who she was and asked me if I could help him remove himself from the site, because he's not a hobbyist.
I found my ex on exposingjohns, along with the incriminating text. When I confronted him, he claimed that he didn't know who she was and asked me if I could help him remove himself from the site, because he's not a hobbyist. Originally Posted by Indirah.Raven
Lol