legal advice

I need legal advive about a criminal case in which a person who is on parole catches a new charge different from their previous one but just as serious. please pm any recommendation.

thank you
Best advice: if the person already has a criminal attorney, then imo that attorney should be involved in the second case.

Key issue: the parole officer will find out sooner or later about the next criminal charge, and, again, imo, get out in front of that issue before a revocation of parole process starts working.
The OP's description of the issue is so brief that it's virtually impossible to give any credible advice. So little is known about the circumstances that a responder would be merely speculating if they gave advice. Moreover, since the OP wants information in private through PMs, any buttfuck with a computer or a smartphone could PM her and give inaccurate and harmful advice. The purpose of this forum is to discuss legal issues (mostly related to the hobby) in an open forum so that advice that's rendered can be dissected by others. There's no such filtering and no checks in private communications.

Best advice: if the person already has a criminal attorney, then imo that attorney should be involved in the second case. Originally Posted by ck1942
I think it's unlikely that the OP's guy has a criminal lawyer on retainer. He's on parole. People on parole don't tend to have excess income to put an attorney on retainer.

I don't agree that the best attorney for a blue warrant case (that is, a case involving a motion to revoke parole) with a new case will always be the lawyer who handled the first case. For one thing, the guy was in prison, which probably means there's been some passage of time between the first and second cases. That means any good lawyer will need to either learn the facts or review the facts. To me, the best attorney for a case is the one who is a good fit with his or her client's needs.