busted for going to an AMP?

• solar
  • 02-13-2015, 10:15 PM
Have you heard of clients (not providers) being busted at an AMP? Let's say in TX. I've never gone in asking for anything, wait until they do the touching. Of course, if I ask and it's a sting, yes I can see getting busted for that.

But in a well reviewed AMP/spa, with no mention of services and provider starting first, any news of people getting busted?
Before I attempt to answer your questions, I have a few of my own. Do you just have an idle curiosity about media reports and other hearsay, or are you asking whether it is a defense to a charge of prostitution that the provider was "touching" or "starting" first (your words, not mine, and I assume you mean sexual contact) ?
  • solar
  • 02-15-2015, 02:24 PM
Before I attempt to answer your questions, I have a few of my own. Do you just have an idle curiosity about media reports and other hearsay, or are you asking whether it is a defense to a charge of prostitution that the provider was "touching" or "starting" first (your words, not mine, and I assume you mean sexual contact) ? Originally Posted by ShysterJon
Thanks for the follow up.

Actually, both. Does LE setup stings at AMPs/SPAs to bust patrons? I have really only heard of busts where the providers/owners are charged, and usually there is no mention of any patrons that were there during said bust. What if there was a bust with patrons present, what would happen to the patron?

And then the second part, if it's a sting at an AMP/SPA (does this even happen?) is it a viable defense that the provider started it and then afterwards you just left a good tip for the "massage"?
I don't know about TX, but here in AL when AMPs get raided the clients often get taken in, too. I would bet the reasoning is if a place has been established as a house of prostitution by whatever means, it is presumed any clients inside at the time of the bust would be participating in p4p. Might not get you convicted, but at least in my state it can get you arrested.

Again, I don't know if it is prevalent in TX or elsewhere, but I used to live in FL and they did "sneak and peek" warrants...actually break in after hours and install cameras to gather evidence. If you were caught on film engaging, I think it would be difficult to plead innocence. Ditto trying a defense of "she touched me first, I just gave her a big tip." That would probably fly as well as the standard disclaimer of "money exchanged is for time only, anything that happens is between 2 consenting adults" LOL. I think FL finally figured out it was cheaper, quicker, and easier to shut AMPs down just by charging them with massage without license.
  • solar
  • 02-16-2015, 09:22 PM
"sneak and peak" warrants? That is just awful. Know of any other states that do (or did) that?
That sneak&peak really sounds awful.