Sad sign of the times. Bikini for fat chick.

Morbid obesity among young women is being normalized:

http://now.msn.com/fatkini-swimsuit-...ans-frustrated

Welcome to the "fatkini".

I guess we are just giving up.
The chub's have to get ready for the soon to be newly legalized horny meskin's.
No mustache rides...
What's wrong with strong curvy women? Those models in the photo look perfectly healthy to me, not morbidly obese or anything. I'm so sick of seeing disgusting stick figure portrayal of women in the media. Bring real women back please!
Morbid obesity among young women is being normalized:

http://now.msn.com/fatkini-swimsuit-...ans-frustrated

Welcome to the "fatkini".

I guess we are just giving up. Originally Posted by ExNYer
I know I have
What's wrong with strong curvy women? Those models in the photo look perfectly healthy to me, not morbidly obese or anything. I'm so sick of seeing disgusting stick figure portrayal of women in the media. Bring real women back please! Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
As a psychologist, you should recognize that guys just like skinny chicks. Guys that go for fat chicks are just recognizing they don't have what it takes to get a pretty girl
Guys that go for fat chicks are just recognizing they don't have what it takes to get a pretty girl Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Wow, what a stereotype!
What's wrong with strong curvy women? Those models in the photo look perfectly healthy to me, not morbidly obese or anything. I'm so sick of seeing disgusting stick figure portrayal of women in the media. Bring real women back please! Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
The models in the pic...OK maybe. But how about....

Lmao at the last one! Who cares ....they seem to be happy in their own skin
....they seem to be happy in their own skin Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
... of course they are!

A football team is happy in a domed stadium.
Wow, what a stereotype! Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
A statistically significant conclusion is not "stereotyping" ... sociologists know that.

Psychologists don't .... apparently.
CC ... those aren't bikinis .... here are some ...

A statistically significant conclusion is not "stereotyping" ... sociologists know that.

Psychologists don't .... apparently. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Dude, the Usual Suspects are going to tear you limb from limb for saying "statistically significant" in a way that indicates that you actually know what it means. If I remember in time, I'll send flowers to your funeral.

Seriously, dude, be careful. This is the first step on a slippery slope. Next, you'll start advocating that governments do things that actually work.
Lmao at the last one! Who cares ....they seem to be happy in their own skin Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
Zabrina,

I like you more and more with your posting habits and your thoughts!

While I'm all in favor of larger people needing to lose weight for all of the obvious reasons (me, especially!) ... why drag others down when they're just trying to get through the day in a positive fashion?

I saw that article a few days back. I don't interpret it as "normalizing" a fat woman. I just see it as a new bathing suit style that is somewhat flattering to a larger figure.

Leave it alone and let it just stand for what it is.

I assure you it's not about fat acceptance. It's only about giving a marginalized segment of our society (one of the few left) something to wear when they're near a pool or someplace similar.

And making a damn ad about it. Or an article. They probably didn't make that many swim suits in those sizes to begin with hence, they sold out.

Cute swimsuits, too.

About 99.9% of the time I don't get involved with these "fat" topics because it just doesn't accomplish anything. But no one chooses to be huge. You male and females who are blessed with good figures should thank your lucky stars at night that you don't have to deal with being naturally overweight.

It's a fucking curse.

Try to understand it. You don't have to like it. But don't perpetuate the hate. The world doesn't need that.

Neither do you. Again, thanks Zabrina for being a voice of reason.

Elisabeth