Good advice for clueless people...

I kind of stole the idea of this topic from another place, but after a day of driving in Dallas, which I loathe by the way, I thought it would be a good idea to give advice to people who obviously have no clue. It could pertain to the Hobby or just everyday life.

My first piece of advice is: When you are getting on the freeway, please drive at least as fast as the other people on the freeway while merging. Do not make me slow from 70 down to 30 its ridiculous and not safe.

By the way...this is all in fun. Please don't get hateful or make it personal against anyone in particular..thanks
Good Post Reese I agree. Sometimes I drive 100mph when I can't wait to get there and I sure don't want to slow down.
  • aka
  • 02-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Good Post Reese I agree. Sometimes I drive 100mph when I can't wait to get there and I sure don't want to slow down. Originally Posted by lionheart11
I'm generally merging at 100mph, so one of us would need to slow down... or speed up.
It is absolutely wonderful to know that beating within the heart of such a demure and pretty woman, is the same fire that heats me up on 635, too. A friend of mine once wanted to have a sign on his car for those drivers who drive "side-by-side" at low speeds and block lanes for miles that read: If you want to fly wingtip to wingtip with the car beside you, JOIN THE FREAKING BLUE ANGELS!

I feel your pain, Reese, but when the Braillemobile approaches and they see some old guy, head out the window like Ace Ventura, wearing dark glasses and tapping on the freeway with a white cane in front of a vintage car bought from the Helen Keller estate and doing 90 MPH, they seem to move out of the way.

Do you get any one-fingered salutes? A gal riding with me once thought I was a retired three star general with all the salutes she saw me getting.
I really feel there should be gunslinging allowed on the freeways in Dallas. It will help clear up this problem of slow drivers who have no clue on how to operate a car.... LOL j/k
Reese, I drive 100 mph when I am on my way to see you!!!
Reese, not much traffic in Kansas or Texoma, I'm just saying....
Driving in Dallas makes me wanna buy a helicopter.

I think the clueless folks are the ones speeding. Like going down NW highway at 45+ and it's 35.

Anyway, who named it a highway? lol

I'm a firm believer that if everyone would just drive like me, traffic would not be a problem.
  • 69er
  • 02-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Here's my least favorite...

Choose your favorite fast food place, walk up to the counter to order, and one of the following two occur:

A. Person ordering is texting, talking on their cell, etc...

B. Person ordering is trying to decide what they would like, "I'll have the #3 meal, wait... does that have onions, ok make it without onions, oh that will probably take a bit so I'll have a Chicken Sandwich, oh but it is lent, and I'm doing fish on friday, so a fish sandwich."

Arrrrgggghhhhh! It's a friggin fast food restaurant. You likely know the menu by heart... don't walk up to the counter until you've made your decision and you are ready to order!

Thanks Reese, that was cathartic!
Thanks guys for contributing. Here is my hobby advice for clueless people:

Gentlemen: If you knocked boots with Provider A, last week, Provider B probably doesn't want to hear a detailed account of it...ever.

Ladies: If you knocked boots with hobbyist A an hour ago, Hobbyist B probably doesn't want a detailed account of it.....until he actually hears the story from Hobbyist A..lol.
Ask for it, you may just get it....even if you don't at least you asked.

Be on time, if you are stuck in traffic, just call or text. That goes for ladies and gents.

Thank you for calling me telling me you were going to be late.....you know who are you are. (wink wink)
Driving in Dallas makes me wanna buy a helicopter.

Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
Make it a Sikorsky S-76 Rambro and you can hire me as a helicopter mech
Get out of the passing lane!!!!!
What I found annoying today is slow drivers that are following you. I was going somewhere and had a friend following me. If I knew she drove like a grandma I would have just carpooled. Dallas makes me a slightly more aggresive driver. But its hard for me to lead you when you are going 10-15 mph slower then everyone else. Holy cow when I am trying not to lose you but you drive 100-200 yards behind me when there are a lot of cars on the road. Its hard on me to try to make sure I dont lose you.

OMG it was so FRUSTRATING!