why do some women

pluck all their eyebrows out and then draw them back in with a sharpie?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea, I have asked myself the same question!
you see this alot on tv and in the movies.I think it looks ridiculous
It's because they get started plucking and keep trying to get both sides even (but it's hard to do) so they keep plucking until suddenly they have decimated their eyebrows and then they just go ahead and pluck the rest out and get out the sharpie.
Why do they always draw them back in away that it looks like they just saw a rat?
If a woman thinks her eyebrows are too low, she has no way to elevate them higher onto her forehead. So she shaves them off and draws them in higher.

Actresses in the 30's did this a lot. Here's one example:Jean Harlow had narrow, deep-set eyes—difficult to photograph—and so along with false eyelashes like shelves, studio stylists inscribed eyebrows, like soaring roman arches, to create the illusion of rounder, wider eyes

And:Clara Bow’s drooping eyebrows seem to echo her emotional instability—she was probably bi-polar. Her mother, an occasional prostitute, twice tried to murder Bow when she was just a child
Marlene Dietrich, monstrously self-absorbed, positioned a full length mirror beside the camera to keep an eye on her reflection

Garbo’s eyes were probably her best feature and her eyebrows draw attention to her hypnotic gaze. Garbo was most effective in close-up, that’s what her fans best remember and fetishize

Alice Faye:

Here, Davie’s eyebrows seem to be crawling down her cheek bones. One of the kindest, most generous women in Hollywood, Orson Welles admitted that in his cruel portrayal of supremely untalented Susan Alexander in Citizen Kane, 1941, he did Davies, a hugely gifted comedienne, “a dirty.”

Ha! After years of waxing and plucking I have mastered the art of filling in where I lack regrowth. I've been thinking about tattooing them because I am a lazy ass at times and would help speed the 2 hour process I go thru to get ready daily. Yes, I said 2 hours. I am very high maintience and will not walk out of the house to meet anyone looking crazy without my eyebrows on!
Oh, that's easy....GOGGLE Burn.

....from all of that "missile fire" throughout the years....LOL

Hey, all of us girls wear goggles nowadays during DT right?! j/k

If not, and you get caught in the "crossfire" that sh*t really burns the pupils. UCH...LOL.

Italianna Princess