Dominant/submissive

New to the realm and interested in exploring the dominate/submissive roles. A very special provider suggested i reach out to the forum for suggestions and recommendations for researching the subject. Any suggestions on books or articles which might help enlighten me?
Here are a few references -

Screw the roses, send me the thorns: the romance and sexual sorcery of sadomasochism
SM 101: a realistic introduction
The Loving Dominant
Different loving: the world of sexual dominance and submission

Are you looking to be a dominant or a submissive?
What about this area interests you?
If you give us a bit more detail, we may be able to guide you better. The above are the basic references on the subject.

Hope these get you started, feel free to ask more questions.
Thanks for the info..... My tendencies are mildy submissive. Just introduced to totally letting go and trusting a provider totally. I must say i enjoyed i and wouldlike to experiment further. She suggested i research more and determine my boundaries.... Thats what im trying to do. Experiment and learn in conservstive West Texas!
Just keep an open mind when you read things on various sites and in books. There isn't one authoratative source for being submissive or dominant. Everyone writes from their own kinky perspective.

You'll also want to read up on the safety side of things. Being tied up or restrained in some way adds complexity to your normal lovemaking. Aside from the normal playing safe and sanely, you have to factor in things like health, breathing, nerve pinching, etc. I think most people would be surprised to find how easy it is to cause temporary to even permanent nerve damage by doing something that seems safe, but really isn't.