What would you do or expect

A travelling companion that I have seen pretty regularly over the last few years has done a last minute cancel on me three times in a row. When you travel the risks (costs) associated with a no show are multiplied.

The excuses are legitate and can be documented. I also hold no hard feelings despite some of the wasted traveling money. Hey things happen. Nevertheless there is an uncomfortable breakdown developing.

She feels guilty about it and is afraid to make any future commitment out of fear of canceling and I do not want to continually ask over and over again. My apprehension is part that no one likes to be stood up but more so that I do not like asking repeatedly - don't want to crowd someone or indirectly add to her feelings of guilt.

I am at a crossroad. Do I scratch her off my list and seek a new traveling companion or do I take another chance with her?

What would you do?
treat her like you would any other girl...move on. she will come back if she wants to
No girl with an NCNS in her background is seen by me.

That being said, in this case, it appears she canceled, but at the last minute so other arrangements could not be made.

I wouldn't call her back for a traveling situation, period. Three strikes, you're out.

You might see her locally but not for a travel date.
Are you traveling to meet her? Is she traveling to meet you, the costs of which you are paying? Or are you traveling together? It wasn't clear to me.
  • anita
  • 10-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Hum, things happen in life. I figure you like her very much since you posted to get help making a decision. Give her another chance,if she fail to meet again then what will be left to do is to move on.