Does it ever bother you that you tend to go out of your way to be overly polite and courteous during the Holidays to those that don't deserve it?

Every year from mid November through Christmas I try to be nice and polite and easier going in the spirit of the holidays.

Do you?

Do ladies decide to see some guy they might not normally because it's his Christmas wish to see her? Do guys tip a little or bring a gift? (Mistletoe Belt Buckles don't count Toyz)

Damn I can't wait till Christmas has come and gone so that I can back to being myself! This being nice is getting old!
  • Gamer
  • 12-16-2015, 10:37 AM
No, I don't change who I am based on the season. That's retarded.
Oh! Like being fake? I'd like to think I'm a mixture of decent/flawed/genuine/challenging/grumpy/bubbly all throughout the year. I don't see a good reason to pretend to be nice when I have obvious feelings otherwise. Being nice and kind are always more rewarding though and I like to be in the state of mind where I can be happy with myself and thus happy towards others. We are in control of our feelings and reactions to things and if they're constantly hateful the only one losing out and being done a disservice is ourselves.
Oh! Like being fake? Originally Posted by JadeRose
Smart ass comment? Thread hi-jack? This thread is about being "nice". Try it tiny!

The Usual Suspects
Board members that bring nothing to the table except to troll and make smart ass off topic comments to get a moment in the sunshine.
Observing, GFEJunkie, JohnnyYanks, Dante0322 / Mike Vronsucky
The.Chosen.One
Rest In Peace… new handle coming soon!
I'm always nice year round I don't think peeps get it though.
I'm always nice year round I don't think peeps get it though. Originally Posted by El Comegente
I hear yah. Seems like were so misunderstood. Some of these people actually thinck we care! Now thats funny!

The Usual Suspects
Board members that bring nothing to the table except to troll and make smart ass off topic comments to get a moment in the sunshine.
Observing, GFEJunkie, JohnnyYanks, Dante0322 / Mike Vronsucky
The.Chosen.One
Rest In Peace… new handle coming soon!
It doesn't bother me to be nice or extra polite to people, Christmas or any other time. I found out you can rarely benefit from rudeness.

By the way Whispers, the Christmas season runs thru January 15 this year
Common civility should not be bothersome regardless of the season.
It doesn't bother me to be nice or extra polite to people, Christmas or any other time. I found out you can rarely benefit from rudeness.

By the way Whispers, the Christmas season runs thru January 15 this year Originally Posted by Tan Khan

Really? Why?

I don't know if I have three extra weeks of being nice here in me.
I think I start acting better, I am always respectful and giving, but I think the holidays just make me a happier person and that reflects on my attitude. But its not a forced kindness.
I still have the same lack of social graces.
I've been told by friends and acquaintances that I'm too nice - year round, not just during the holidays. I don't change who I am just because of the holidays.
I'll admit that there are some days when I don't feel like being nice and just want to be left alone, but that is part of being human.
I love the holidays even when the lameies come out in force saying sorry every turn they make, man that word is way over used, but I still have the Holliday chear and bite my tonuge and just excuse the lameies as "lame" happy holidays!!!

IB
  • Loxly
  • 12-16-2015, 02:03 PM
Last night my plans for a nice evening were screwed up by a gang of leeches attached to a provider. Regardless, I moved on with my plans and wrapped up the evening at a hash-house before going home. I left 3 scratch-offs with a tip for my waitress.

She was so excited and immediately scratched them to win $50. So my plans to make someone happy actually did turn out. The ghost of Christmas Fate stepped in and perhaps someone more deserving of my Xmas spirit went home happy.
I always get better service in restaurants this time of year, I tip better too.

I know that the answer to this would be speculation but the question is with in guide lines.

What the fuck does this mean???

decent/flawed/genuine/challenging/grumpy/bubbly