Screwed up things happens to us ladies too. 47 okays and the dude still flakes.

Hey there guys and gals a like. I just wanted to let you know that screwed up things happen to us providers as well. I'm beyond perfect but I'm ALWAYS ready on time when we do agree to meet. I'm a big believer that every ones time IS valuable.

I had a guy book with me this morning. He had 47 okay's so I figure that I was good to go with this guy. So appt time comes around and he texts me to tell me he is 40 mins away stuck in traffic. You would think with 47 okays you he would know the hobby game by now. He knew 20 mins ago he wasn't going to make it on time. So, needless to say, I had to let the appt go and go figure, I JUST turned down a regular because I agreed to see mr 47 okay's.

My point it is a two way street for in this hobby world of ours. So if a provider flakes or gives you a run around, just remember that there are many of us ladies who really does give a shit about your time.

Thank you to all the guys and gals who knows how to play this game right and keeps it fun. Muah!!!

Oh....and if you KNOW you are going to be late, a quick text BEFORE the appt is very helpful.

Have you not driven around the metroplex lately?
  • shlub
  • 05-10-2012, 03:54 PM
In reading your post, i interpret this as an example as opposed to a rant about this guy. I guess more people need to consider the fact that we (hobbyists) are not infallible and should perhaps cut providers more slack as sht happens to them too.

In this case, wonder if he was hoping that he would make it in time and then realized that he really fucked up. Driving to a session and worrying that you may blow it (or that you won't be blown) can really frazzle a guy. Even so, he should have been more communicative.

- Shlub

P.S. Turned down a regular for a new client?
I think Kaylee's point is that the gent could have texted long before the time he was supposed to arrive, as he was stuck in traffic and there was no way he'd make it. Instead, he waited until the time hs meeting was supposed to begin, leaving her no chance to fill that slot.

Kaylee, please correct me if I'm wrong?
You should always let someone know if you are going to be late,
simple courtesy. Had a girl recently txt me and said she was running
about 20 min behind, no big deal and she let me know, and I thought,
now that's a sweetheart.
Tony you are right....

And shlub....yes, I turned down a regular for a new client. My regular called last min and the new client had 47 okays and I ALREADY made the appt with and I thought he way in route. If I would have called the new guy 20 mins (that is when the reg called) before the appt to blow him off for my regular would have been very uncool on my part. But then again, if I did, I wouldn't have lost money.

But chit happens.....more so, I'm just glad the most hobbyist have more consideration for our then this guy does. And for that, I thank you!!!!
  • 69er
  • 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey there guys and gals a like. I just wanted to let you know that screwed up things happen to us providers as well. I'm beyond perfect but I'm ALWAYS ready on time when we do agree to meet. I'm a big believer that every ones time IS valuable.

Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
Agheemh! (Clearing Throat)

I remember an appointment with you... When I got a call 10 minutes from our appointment time (When I was 5 minutes away), where you called to tell me you forgot your keys! You said it would be 30 minutes... It actually took you a bit more than 40, you said that was because of a hole in your air mattress. (We were sinking down in it.)

So, contrary to your statement... You're not "...ALWAYS ready on time..." (Busted! )

For the record, about the only time you can use the word Always or Never safely, is when you agree that you should never use always!
You should always let someone know if you are going to be late,
simple courtesy. Had a girl recently txt me and said she was running
about 20 min behind, no big deal and she let me know, and I thought,
now that's a sweetheart. Originally Posted by bojulay

Very classy on her part. It shows that she cares about your time.....

Simple things like respect goes a long way. Muah!
  • shlub
  • 05-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Kaylee... My apologies, I misunderstood. I was thinking that you had two requests and choose the new guy over the regular. I would never expect someone to cancel an appt. that was made to see a regular.

All good.
Th
Agheemh! (Clearing Throat)

I remember an appointment with you... When I got a call 10 minutes from our appointment time (When I was 5 minutes away), where you called to tell me you forgot your keys! You said it would be 30 minutes... It actually took you a bit more than 40, you said that was because of a hole in your air mattress. (We were sinking down in it.)

So, contrary to your statement... You're not "...ALWAYS ready on time..." (Busted! )

For the record, about the only time you can use the word Always or Never safely, is when you agree that you should never use always! Originally Posted by 69er

LMAO....well 69er.....sorry for that..
Great story tho....
Did you ever sell that ocean front property you had in Arizona you told me about?

That is okay 69 I know you don't like me but muah to you as well.
Kaylee... My apologies, I misunderstood. I was thinking that you had two requests and choose the new guy over the regular. I would never expect someone to cancel an appt. that was made to see a regular.

All good. Originally Posted by shlub

No biggie.

Hey, wanna come over and bounce on my "air mattress" with me?

Hahahahahahahahahaha
Its not safe to text and drive?
Things do happen. I think providers and hobbyist all desserve the best effort. If your gonna be late or not make it you should notify the other person as soon as you soon.

Quick Story. I was banned from a provider because I cancelled our appt, but i cancelled the day before. Ironiclly she had cancelled an appt we had in the past an hour before....so best efforts folks
He is stuck in traffic at a stand still for 30 mins. That is his story.

My thread is more about thanking the guys who do care about our time not about this guy did.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Hmmmmm...perfection is such a rare commodity these days. But, some guys have the social skills of a gnat. On the other hand, maybe he's an incurable optimist and thought the traffic was just about to clear. Guess that means he's a slow learner, too.