I bought a new HP Envy 20 Touchscreen w/Windows 10 & can't use chat.

Does anyone know why my new, loaded pc will not open the eccie chatroom? It is Windows 10.

Is there a particular program I need to download in order to be able to join chat? I've never had this problem before, even on an older computer.

Help anyone?

Does anyone know why my new, loaded pc will not open the eccie chatroom? It is Windows 10.

Is there a particular program I need to download in order to be able to join chat? I've never had this problem before, even on an older computer.

Help anyone?
Originally Posted by KittyLamour
I am on Windows 7 Home Premium. I can get into chat two different ways, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Internet explorer is not supported any more by Microsoft. I suggest if Google Chrome is not on your machine, download it and try to get into Chat with Google Chrome. You did not have a problem on your old computer because internet explorer and Google Chrome both work well with Chat.
If you are using the default browser in Windows 10 then you are using Microsofts brand new browser called Edge. While it is much better than Internet Explorer, I have noticed that it doesn't play nice with all websites. Try searching for Internet Explorer and see if that works. Or you can download and use Firefox and or Chrome.

Good luck,
Internet explorer is not supported any more by Microsoft. Originally Posted by flghtr65
While Microsoft will stop providing patches for older versions of IE in January 2016, it is definitely still supporting Internet Explorer. Not sure where you heard that they are not supporting it, but that is not correct. While Edge is the default browser in Windows 10, Internet Explorer is still there. You need to search for it to use it, but it is still included and supported.

Problem solved! I downloaded Google Chrome and chat is working fine again! Thanks guys for the advice... Now if only someone would come give me Windows 10 lessons...
Off the top of my head. Edge (Windows 10) does not support SOME addons.. Java, Flash, and other pluggins. Google Chrome has them built in to the browser allready. Chat uses one of these pluggins. You can also download FireFox and I believe it would work as well.
Just use Chrome or Firefox. If you're using the built in browser (be it Edge, Safari, or Internet Exploder) you're already putting yourself at a major disadvantage.

For things like ECCIE and other industry related stuff, you should consider using Tor or at least a VPN ($39 a year)