Would our government lie?

Its a fact that our government lies.
Please take this poll.
I have a statement to make afterwards.
I participated in the poll. It is a no brainier, our government produces more propaganda daily than the old USSR with full support of the various media..
Yep, just watch NBC, MSNBC and it's affiliates if you want to know what the daily lie is, today.
  • shanm
  • 04-19-2015, 09:43 AM
I don't think anyone will vote in the "no".

Yep, just watch NBC, MSNBC and it's affiliates if you want to know what the daily lie is, today. Originally Posted by nwarounder
unless you're including Faux news in "it's affiliates" I suggest you STFU.
Please take this poll.
I have a statement to make afterwards. Originally Posted by bobie963
We are all eager with anticipation.
  • shanm
  • 04-19-2015, 10:15 AM
We are all eager with anticipation. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
OldGeezer might be dead before it happens
The anticipation of Bobie's profundity will keep me going long enough to hear his wisdom. But thanks for your concern, ShamWow.
  • shanm
  • 04-19-2015, 10:24 AM
The anticipation of Bobie's profundity will keep me going long enough to hear his wisdom. But thanks for your concern, ShamWow. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
You're building up the anticipation for him to blow a raspberry.

At least let him say what he has to say first.
Its not an assumption. We know our government lies. Sometimes it is even what they supposed to do. Of course, our gov't knows that sometimes they have to lie for national security purposes, but their philosophy is "Why stop there?"
As Sins said, it is a matter of what they are lying about and why they are lying. Some individuals do it for policy reasons and some do it for practice. I remember when Bill Clinton was followed around by reporters as he played miniature golf with Chelsea. You guessed it! He lied about his score and the reporters dutifully twittered about it in the press (the old fashioned kind of twittering) as being so Bill.
They have to lie. For if they actually told the truth the 250 million dupes would all have nervous breakdowns. As for the remaining 80 million they already know the score.

Jim
If we approve of their lying, then we no longer have a government of the people. In theory, we are the government. We are the decision makers. Granted, government is involved in some areas where it is best kept from the public, but when they lie about so much, and so often, we have to question any and all information from them. Good government is small and transparent. Many here, however, openly support government that is large and corrupt.

C'mon, Bob. What say you?
Its not an assumption. We know our government lies. Sometimes it is even what they supposed to do. Of course, our gov't knows that sometimes they have to lie for national security purposes, but their philosophy is "Why stop there?" Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
Is this a lame attempt at ebonics?