Governor Perry
Donald Trump?
Michelle Bachman
Sarah Palin
Governor Jindal
Jeb Bush
did I miss anyone?

Hillary Clinton.........

wow! sounds kind of lonely. Anyway NBC, you know the liberal network, is running a story about maybe Hillary has peaked too soon. Every misstep, every mistake gets three years to metastasize. NBC is worried, maybe you should be too. http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...candidacy?lite
Link to where she has committed.
I don't disagree Professor. Your problem is that there are only two potential GOP candidates on your list that stand any chance at all of being elected POTUS and it is far from clear that your party is smart enough to realize that during the primary process.

I wonder how much money Jeb Bush and Krispy Christie will have to spend to stave off the clown posse of Cruz, Bachmann, Perry, et al.

I wonder if voters will elect a morbidly obese POTUS?

I wonder if voters will elect someone with the same last name as the idiot who ran the country into the ground 2000-2008?

I wonder if Jeb Bush has the stomach to deal with the rolling circus that the GOP primary campaign will be? He'll have a lot more in common with Hillary Clinton than he will with Ted Cruz or Rick Perry.

And, I wonder how much money Hillary will have sitting in her war chest at the end of the GOP primary process? Can you imagine how much money the Clinton juggernaut is going to be able to raise?
  • WTF
  • 08-21-2013, 12:35 PM
That is exactly right. Christy is really the only one who stands a chance and they are going to beat his ass up in the primary worse than they did Romney.
  • CJ7
  • 08-21-2013, 12:48 PM
That is exactly right. Christy is really the only one who stands a chance and they are going to beat his ass up in the primary worse than they did Romney. Originally Posted by WTF

the idiots beat the shit out of each other so bad during the nomination process they lost the election before the polls ever opened, then as republican fate would have it, the GOP nominated the guy who refused to tell the country his plan for saving the country
That is exactly right. Christy is really the only one who stands a chance and they are going to beat his ass up in the primary worse than they did Romney. Originally Posted by WTF
Actually, I think Jeb Bush is the candidate that gives the GOP the best shot. Christy second. Moderates and independents will vote for those guys. But, they're not crazy enough for the whacks.

Bush and Christie will be smart enough to have a plan to share. Something positive. Not just "I hate Obama. I hate Progressives. I hate Democrats" like the rest of the retards. People are tired of that shit and they are going to be even more tired of it by November 2016. it just amazes me that the Republicans are not smart enough to start acting like their hero, Ronald Reagan. Speak positively. Have some ideas. Don't be about hatred and intolerance.

But, they just don't get it. Too much Limbaugh, too much RWW radio.
No more Bushes. No more Clintons.

Enough with the nepotism in this country. We have a sickness when it comes to crating political dynasties.

I would support Christie. I would even support Cruz. He may be on the fringe politically, but there is no doubt he is intelligent. You don't have to worry about him embarrassing himself in a debate. Unlike, say, Bachman, Perry, or Palin.
  • CJ7
  • 08-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Ted thanked Palin for her help, and support during his acceptance speech the night he won the run off election

apparently, he's not too damn smart.

Palin (who looks like she is a hitter for the mob in that photo) stumping for him in Texas is one of the ways he beat David Dewhurst. He's a dangerous narcissistic lunatic, but he's not stupid. The idea of him being the most powerful human being on the planet is scary.

Now....to get into some more familiar territory.....I wonder if he got into Princeton and Harvard because his last name was Cruz?
Now....to get into some more familiar territory.....I wonder if he got into Princeton and Harvard because his last name was Cruz? Originally Posted by timpage
Not according to his transcripts.

Cum laude at Princeton. Magna cum laude at Harvard.

So, I guess he had the smarts to get in to both.
  • CJ7
  • 08-21-2013, 02:32 PM

So, I guess he had the smarts to get in to both. Originally Posted by ExNYer
IMO that just means he's book intelligent, which he is ... but being politically smart is a whole new animal ... if he gets too far away from center, and Texas, which he has, there's not enough votes to be had to elect him to anything, much less potus

So, I guess he had the smarts to get in to both. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Obama was MCL at Harvard. That means nothing according to our resident ODS sufferers.....Obama is stupid according to them. And only got into Harvard and made the president of the Law Review there because he's black and a product of affirmative action.

So....the same standards don't apply to Cruz? Just askin'.......

It surprises me you support him. He's a nut.
Obama was MCL at Harvard. That means nothing according to our resident ODS sufferers.....Obama is stupid according to them. And only got into Harvard and made the president of the Law Review there because he's black and a product of affirmative action.

So....the same standards don't apply to Cruz? Just askin'.......

It surprises me you support him. He's a nut. Originally Posted by timpage
My support was relative only to the others on that list.
  • CJ7
  • 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM
whoever grabs the torch needs to boost the GOP favorability ratings 15% just to break even

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-...candals-2013-5
whoever grabs the torch needs to boost the GOP favorability ratings 15% just to break even

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-...candals-2013-5 Originally Posted by CJ7
Again, it's Christie or Bush. Ted Cruz is not going to be the guy that increases the popularity of the GOP. He's smart and articulate but lacks the likeability of Christie and Bush.

Same with Rand Paul. He and Cruz are creepy.