Obama linked Holocaust to Poland....

In what appears to be a "Biden" moment, our fearless leader just pissed off an entire nation-- Poland. While awarding a Polish citizen with the Medal of Freedom, Obama referred to a Polish Death Camp thus enraging Poland considering that the Poles NEVER ran Death Camps and in fact were the ones exterminated in Nazi Death Camps in Poland. Nearly 2.5 million Polish-Jews were killed by the Nazis. The official White House response-- they regretted the mistake. Gee, if this were some fucking Muslim country, Obama would be on Air Force One genuflecting the entire trip over their to apologize profusely for America's insensitivity and trying to find a way to blame Bush.
Iaintliein also started a thread @
http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=461470
Didn't realize you started one due to title of thread.
If Romney had said something this stupid, the left would have beat him to death with it.
Didn't realize you started one due to title of thread. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
Sorry, just edited title for clarification.
Did I miss something? Wasn't Obama supposed to improve our image in the world?
Did I miss something? Wasn't Obama supposed to improve our image in the world? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Funny how so few remember that gambit now.
It is not a secret that Poles rather actively participated in German inspired and German run massacres of Polish Jews. Not that it was different in any other part of Europe occupied by German army. One of the first things they did in any territory was to form local brigades of "volunteers" to help establish new order.

In Latvia (place I personally more familiar with), these people were called Schutzmannschaft and served as guards in concentration camps for Jews and Soviet prisoners of war. Another group known as Arājs Commando (the Latvian auxiliary police) murdered about 26,000 Jews in November and December 1941.

That said, for American President to make that mistake ..