Former KKK Leader David Duke Says.....

Former KKK Leader David Duke Says He May Run Against Steve Scalise

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6575792.html

I am an independent. He has a lot of good points. I would vote for him if I lived in his district.

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke said Wednesday that he was considering running against Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) as the congressman tries to distance himself from an appearance he made at a conference hosted by Duke's white supremacist group more than a decade ago.

Scalise has faced heavy criticism after it emerged that he had spoken at a conference hosted by European-American Unity and Rights Organization as a state senator in 2002. Scalise, now the House majority whip, has said he was unaware of the group's views at the time.

During an appearance on "The Jim Engster Show," first reported by BuzzFeed, Duke -- who was almost elected Louisiana's governor in 1991 -- said he was considering running against Scalise because the congressman had betrayed his constituents.

"He got elected on false pretenses," Duke said. "He got elected as David Duke without the baggage. But he's not David Duke. He's basically condemning the people of his district who voted overwhelmingly for me to be their U.S. senator and voted to be their governor.

"He's insulting every one of the members who actually voted for him, because he's suggesting that they're racist because they supported my views."

Duke said Scalise, the third-ranking Republican in the House, was a sellout and called on him to step down.

It's not clear whether Scalise researched Duke's group before speaking to it. The organizer of the EURO conference told Nola.com that Scalise actually spoke at a civic association meeting being held in the same hotel earlier that day, but not to the white supremacist group.

While Scalise has said he detests hate groups, a Louisiana reporter told The New York Times that he had described himself to her as "David Duke without the baggage." It's unclear whether Scalise was suggesting that he shared Duke's racist views, or whether he was simply suggesting he shared Duke's conservative values.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has backed Scalise since he has come under fire from the White House and congressional Democrats, including civil rights iconJohn Lewis.

Scalise this week agreed to meet with the head of a civil rights group that had criticized him for his 2002 speech.

CORRECTION:
This article has been updated to correct the name of the radio show where Duke made his comments, "The Jim Engster Show."
  • Old-T
  • 01-30-2015, 08:34 AM
But the southern RWW bigot side of the republican party is a thing of the past! So say a lot of the nuts on here, no?

Duke is a scum. I wonder how long until IB denounces him?
But the southern RWW bigot side of the republican party is a thing of the past! So say a lot of the nuts on here, no?

Duke is a scum. I wonder how long until IB denounces him?
Originally Posted by Old-T
David Duke is scum, but you're a pathetic little troll, Old-THUMPER.
  • Old-T
  • 01-30-2015, 08:51 AM
Bravo!!! Denouncing Duke is a step in the right direction.

But of course you have to toss in a gratuitous insult. Yep, can't say that part surprised me.
Bravo!!! Denouncing Duke is a step in the right direction.

But of course you have to toss in a gratuitous insult. Yep, can't say that part surprised me.
You seem to garner some type of perverse pride out of being a pathetic little troll, Old-THUMPER.
  • Old-T
  • 01-30-2015, 10:32 AM
Really? I asked a question--exactly the kind you have asked before. You answer it. I gave you props fof standing up and being counted.

YOU then stared with insults, but say I am the troll?
David Duke may be too moderate for some on here.

Duke does make some good points about how money is being controlled by a certain segment of society.

Duke is a scum. I wonder how long until IB denounces him? Originally Posted by Old-T
wasnt that the democrat party?
That is a real inconvenient thing isn't it. Duke started as a racist democrat, Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist church was a democrat, and the racist hateful KKK was democrat in the south. Three strikes and you''''''''re out of there!
That is a real inconvenient thing isn't it. Duke started as a racist democrat, Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist church was a democrat, and the racist hateful KKK was democrat in the south. Three strikes and you''''''''re out of there! Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Duke is running against a R, Phelps is dead, and the KKK ain't Democratic any more. You about struck out judy.
  • Old-T
  • 01-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Most the white supremicy dems of the south "back then" are reps now, and you are well enough read to know that JD. Quit playing the smoke and mirrors illusionist.
David Duke may be too moderate for some on here.

Duke does make some good points about how money is being controlled by a certain segment of society. Originally Posted by ilikefun
David Duke is an asshole, and I can see where you are going with the second part of your comment. So fuck you, anti-Semite.
Really? I asked a question--exactly the kind you have asked before. You answer it. I gave you props fof standing up and being counted.

YOU then stared with insults, but say I am the troll?

You started with very selective and slanderous insinuation, so you ARE a troll, Old-THUMPER
the KKK ain't Democratic any more. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Did you mean Democrats? I'm sure most of the 5,000-8,000 KKK members are Independent, like you... ur'a bootlicker, your secret is getting out...
I don't know all that much about David Duke. I do know it's true that at one time in his life he was a high ranking member of the KKK in Louisiana. I don't believe he is an active member of the KKK any longer, but in every article I've ever read about David Duke the authors always make it a point in stating " David Duke former KKK leader" or something to that affect. People do change, maybe he has but he'll never live his racist background down simply because no one will let him.

Jim