Vinnie Paul (Pantera, Damageplan) RIP

https://www.guidelive.com/music/2018...103.1496124946

damn.. both Abbott brothers are now gone.. I saw Pantera thrice, and saw Vinnie as an attendee at Ace Frehely's concert, and later in the audience at the Pavillion in Irving, last September at the KISS concert. so 5 times in total.
I just looked up a few of his performances. He was pretty bad ass.
Sad news. I remember the early days seeing Pantera at Joes Garage on the westside of Fort Worth. Then later on at the Basment.

Coincidentally I actually took some friends of mine to see them at the Alrosa Villa in Columbus Ohio to see some real “Texas rock n roll” during their Cowboys from Hell tour 24 years before the Damageplan tragedy at the same place.

It was hilarious. I was drunk and kept jumping on stage (back when you could stage dive) screaming TEXAS!!! and Phil grabbed me one time and introduced me to the crowd. He put his arm around me and said “ ladies and gentleman I’d like to introduce someone very special Mr. Bob Seger”.

They were a very special group of guys and very cool with their fans RIP V.P.
another one gone too soon... rip vinnie.

let
Damn Cemetary Gates
Sad. I drank many beers and did many shots with Dime and Vinnie. AggTown Legends.
Huge loss.....RIP bro.....
it's cool that we have guys who had personal involvement with Vinnie and Pantera. he and Dimebag partly owned the Clubhouse, IIRC.. had Vinnie divested his interest?

I remember Pantera playing Joe's Garage way back when.. did they also play that small club (forgot the name) on East Lancaster, a block or two east of 820? I was thinking they did. was the Joe's Garage days before Anselmo ever joined?
I remember Pantera playing Joe's Garage way back when.. did they also play that small club (forgot the name) on East Lancaster, a block or two east of 820? I was thinking they did. was the Joe's Garage days before Anselmo ever joined? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
You’re talking about Savvy’s off Lancaster. I don’t remember ever seeing them there.
I was seeing them at Joe’s regularly around 87/88 they already had Phil. With songs like “Pussy Tight”
I'm drinking jagermeister for Vinnie tonight. Will never meet more down to earth rockstars than him and Dimebag.