The Great Ronald Reagan or was he.....?

Hmmm let's see Raised Taxes: also Google the Greenspan commission in which Reagan was responsible for all of us paying higher taxes on SS.

Amnesty I wonder how the TEA Party view Reagan's views on immigration.

Cut and Run tactics- Remember Lebanon- American soldiers killed by terrorist attacks and what Reagan do- get the hell out of dodge.

Negotiating with Terrorist Remember arms for hostages can you imagine if the Obama administration did some kind of negotiation with Al-Queada and Yes in the 80's Iranians were the Al-Queada of the 80's.

Small Govt??? Don't think so- Govt size increased and so did spending duing Reagan's years.
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Hmmm let's see Raised Taxes: also Google the Greenspan commission in which Reagan was responsible for all of us paying higher taxes on SS.

Amnesty I wonder how the TEA Party view Reagan's views on immigration.

Cut and Run tactics- Remember Lebanon- American soldiers killed by terrorist attacks and what Reagan do- get the hell out of dodge.

Negotiating with Terrorist Remember arms for hostages can you imagine if the Obama administration did some kind of negotiation with Al-Queada and Yes in the 80's Iranians were the Al-Queada of the 80's.

Small Govt??? Don't think so- Govt size increased and so did spending duing Reagan's years. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911

Runnin Ronnie raised the debt ceiling 18 times and increased the national debt 189%

he was, and still is a republican GOD !

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-18-times-geo/
Runnin Ronnie raised the debt ceiling 18 times and increased the national debt 189%

he was, and still is a republican GOD !

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-18-times-geo/ Originally Posted by CJ7
Thanks for that info CJ7 I was unaware he raised it 18 times- Obama raises it the first time GOP goes Ape shit!!!
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 02:02 PM
Thanks for that info CJ7 I was unaware he raised it 18 times- Obama raises it the first time GOP goes Ape shit!!! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911

because they hate Obie ... no other reason
Of course Reagan was a great president.........read what historians think about his place in history.

http://www.heritage.org/about/press/...ace-in-history
Has he announced he intends to run in 2016?
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Has he announced he intends to run in 2016? Originally Posted by LexusLover

nope, and neither has his VP

waiting tho ..
Hey whirlygay ... I don't give a fuck what the historians say. I was a grown up when Ronnie was taxing us all to death and taking away our drugs! I remember what kind of president he was.

Pity that's the BEST y'all got,
  • Laz
  • 09-30-2013, 05:07 PM
He was not perfect but remember he had to compromise with a democratic controlled congress the entire time he was president. He wanted to cut spending but Congress is in charge of the budget and he had to compromise. Spending growth and government increase in size is the fault of Congress as much as or more than the president.
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 05:15 PM
He was not perfect but remember he had to compromise with a democratic controlled congress the entire time he was president. He wanted to cut spending but Congress is in charge of the budget and he had to compromise. Spending growth and government increase in size is the fault of Congress as much as or more than the president. Originally Posted by Laz
the country was quivering like a cat shittin' peach seeds because of the nuke threat aka cold war ... Reagan could have used his veto power anytime he saw fit and it would have taken a 2/3rds majority vote in congress to stop it, but he didn' sooo ... he raised taxes to offset the tax cuts he handed out while he was spending his ass off on a war ?? ..... sound familiar?
  • Laz
  • 09-30-2013, 05:29 PM
His spending on the military lead to the end of the cold war. Something I think we could agree was a good thing. His tax cuts led to an increase in the total revenue received by the federal government.

As for vetoing the budget you are correct in that he could have done that but he did not have the votes in congress to pass what he wanted and he knew it. The other reality is that republican politicians are not blameless when it comes to over spending. While the democrats are much better at spending too much the republicans are guilty also. A good example of that is the Bush years where he had a congress controlled by republicans. Obama is just Bush on steroids. Similar policies just much larger in scale.
  • CJ7
  • 09-30-2013, 05:34 PM
His spending on the military lead to the end of the cold war. Something I think we could agree was a good thing. His tax cuts led to an increase in the total revenue received by the federal government.

As for vetoing the budget you are correct in that he could have done that but he did not have the votes in congress to pass what he wanted and he knew it. The other reality is that republican politicians are not blameless when it comes to over spending. While the democrats are much better at spending too much the republicans are guilty also. A good example of that is the Bush years where he had a congress controlled by republicans. Obama is just Bush on steroids. Similar policies just much larger in scale. Originally Posted by Laz

pardon me, but bullshit, Ronnie gets credit for something he didn't do ...

http://www.ushistory.org/us/59e.asp

why don't you give him credit for raising the debt ceiling 18 times ? he did that.
He did snooze through the last two years in office.
  • Laz
  • 09-30-2013, 07:16 PM
why don't you give him credit for raising the debt ceiling 18 times ? he did that. Originally Posted by CJ7
Congress raises the debt ceiling. Why don't you give them credit and they were controlled by democrats.
He was not perfect but remember he had to compromise with a democratic controlled congress the entire time he was president. He wanted to cut spending but Congress is in charge of the budget and he had to compromise. Spending growth and government increase in size is the fault of Congress as much as or more than the president. Originally Posted by Laz
Not entirely true. Yes, the Dems controlled the House the entire time, however the GOP controlled the Senate during his first six years.