Government has shut down

• YoHou
  • 09-30-2013, 11:27 PM

A federal government shutdown officially began Tuesday morning as a deadlocked Congress failed to reach an agreement on a short-term funding measure by a 12:01 a.m. deadline.

Government officials told agencies to begin executing plans for a shutdown -
- the first in 17 years -- shortly before midnight Monday.

The shutdown is expected to place tens of thousands of federal workers on furlough, close national parks and monuments, and disrupt services like food assistance and IRS audits.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...eadlocked?lite
OH NO!!!!!!!

I will bring the servers down, start sending people home and turn off the lights.

Good luck people and God Speed.

My understanding is all federal employees still have to report to work.
The government shut down for about 3 weeks last time and I don't even remember it. It must have had a big impact on me.
The government shut down for about 3 weeks last time and I don't even remember it. Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi
Could it be that your memory is that of a "3 weeks" old?

just sayin'
  • Sami
  • 10-01-2013, 05:52 AM
Same here

The government shut down for about 3 weeks last time and I don't even remember it. It must have had a big impact on me. Originally Posted by FlectiNonFrangi
Welfare is still alive, Unions still get paid and anyone out of work can get unemployment. By the time the first check is sent they will all be back to their "Non-essential" jobs.

No one but the media gives a fuck.
Have them shut off the internet and stop social security - then you would get a riot!!
The only people who will notice at first are those the government wishes to inconvenience - otherwise, life goes on and shows how much of the government is "essential" and how much is "extra".
....shows how much of the government is "essential" and how much is "extra". Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
As long as their "base" has been "supplemented" in "advance" .....

......... there should be no concern ... electronic deposit replaces mailed checks.
Oh no, the Panda web cam at the National Zoo is down !

Oh no, the Panda web cam at the National Zoo is down !

Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The Pandas have a good health care program, I've read. Cam or no cam!

A federal government shutdown officially began Tuesday morning as a deadlocked Congress failed to reach an agreement on a short-term funding measure by a 12:01 a.m. deadline.

Government officials told agencies to begin executing plans for a shutdown -
- the first in 17 years -- shortly before midnight Monday.

The shutdown is expected to place tens of thousands of federal workers on furlough, close national parks and monuments, and disrupt services like food assistance and IRS audits.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...eadlocked?lite Originally Posted by YoHou
I hadn't noticed.
One result of the "government reduction" last time was that the GOP added more senators in the next election. The government is not shutdown (hence the title is wrong), this was a reduction. The real number (according to ABC) is that 800,000 federal employees have been sent home because they are "non essential". Another 1.2 million have been asked to work without pay. That's a lot of federal workers. Bill Clinton was smarter than Barry. Clinton went in front of the union, months ahead of time, and told them to prepare for October, save some money, make some vacation plans, enjoy your time and order some pizza. Clinton enjoyed his time, he met Monica and the world continued.

How is that sequestor going?
  • CJ7
  • 10-01-2013, 11:06 AM

My understanding is all federal employees still have to report to work. Originally Posted by gnadfly

except the 800,000 that dont
except the 800,000 that dont Originally Posted by CJ7
Blah blah bblah again with the fucking 800,000 that dont have a job.

Its the blame game now and we will both point the finger.

Who gives a fuck.