Non-Activity Reviews -- Credit or Not?

So I posted a review yesterday. Total waste of time. The "GFE" lady was everything but. There were simply NO activities ... lasted all of 5 minutes. As I expected, I got no credit for a review. And herein lies my curiosity.
Wasn't the idea to refuse credit based on worthless reviews? I understand that, if the reviewer posts no worthwhile information, there should be no credit. But is that always the case?]
Isn't a review to give all of us an idea of the provider? To give us information to help us decide whether to see the provider? And, if that is the case, isn't a review highlighting a worthless provider at least as valuable as the review of a consistently great provider? I could pick someone like Bliss. Out of, what, 100 reviews more or less, they have all been stellar. It almost seems silly to write another glowing review. But when a new "GFE" provider hits the W&I and provides no worthwhile services, isn't it valuable to post a review to inform us all that this one should probably be skipped?
I was going to put this in the ML, but decided providers should also be allowed to read and comment on this thread.
I'm really interested in your thoughts as to whether the Mods should revisit their rationale for granting approval. What do you think? Mods, you could weigh in as well with your thoughts.
Nothing happened then its not a review.
  • BLM69
  • 05-16-2017, 07:42 PM
My last review with activities listed and pic got me no P.A. also, I should of put out a bogus phone #, live and learn for next time
I've written one because I knew extras were available. But I didn't expect any credit for it. I think it's good to write them if you think the info will benefit others.
I think that if you actually paid, and then nothing happened, PA should still be awarded.
I just read your review and I can understand why no PA credit was given...it seems like you only paid a cancellation fee. The information is still valuable, though.
  • tml
  • 05-17-2017, 09:47 AM
I can see both sides of this....the problem is, it really is completely subjective on how to place "value" on a non-review post. I have one in the books like yours, too....and I agree that it's frustrating.

On an activities review - they've set objective measures.....list all pertinent web and contact info, list activities, give some commentary on the general quality of said activities.....provide an up/down recommendation. Judging becomes fairly easy.....a checklist.

And it's not that they're "not reviews," like Pyramider says....I just don't agree with THAT at all. We absolutely DID review the provider and our experience with her. It comes down to the fact that it doesn't fit the pre-determined criteria for credit - and there's no easy, and highly objective way to extend "non-activity" reviews the courtesy that they may actually deserve.....at least not without significant effort and extra stress/strain on the mods.

Ultimately, we just have to do it (or decide it's not worth this) for the good of the community. I mean - consider the fact that there is "value" to many of posts in CoEd, and the Men's Lounge...."I talked to her on the phone and she was a bitch....decided to pass." Yeah - I'm probably going to pass now, too. But there's no way "useful" posts there will ever get credit either. It's a more extreme example of what I'm talking about - but my point is, StC and the senior mods had to draw the line somewhere - and the line is where it is.

Bottom line - ECCIE will never be perfect.....if for no other reason than because we'll never all agree on what is "perfect." But working together still gives us the best chance at ALL (guys and ladies) having a positive experience.
what tml said..

it is beneficial to provide the information, even if no PA is awarded. it can be done via the review format, or simply posted.. I did a review not long ago, knowing I would not get PA (I reviewed her too recently before that), but I wanted to share information.
  • grean
  • 05-17-2017, 10:29 AM
In regards to writing another glowing review of a already well reviewed provider.

It keeps the ladies honest. They get regulars who really like them and occasionally write reviews but are at risk of unknowingly becoming a white Knight for them in their review.

A new guy will more than likely be honest about the spare tire that has developed that hasn't been disclosed in reviews by her regulars. Also, If she knows she is getting reviewed, she is more likely to bring her A game. Otherwise she may have tried to slide by with her B game.
  • grean
  • 05-17-2017, 10:37 AM
Double post
I think that if you actually paid, and then nothing happened, PA should still be awarded. Originally Posted by biggestbubba
No. This isn't a site to reward nothing happening.
  • grean
  • 05-17-2017, 10:54 AM
I just read your review and I can understand why no PA credit was given...it seems like you only paid a cancellation fee. The information is still valuable, though. Originally Posted by biggestbubba
OP, you said for her website eccie & W&I.

Why not link her profile?